FN Herstal Firearms banner

PS90 discontinued models?

23K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  jhs27275 
#1 · (Edited)
Got off the phone with FN, I asked them about the models of PS90's they still make and found out a ear full.

PS90 USG (Black sight)

PS90 tri rail

PS90 standard (Rail with iron sight inside of the rail)

They told me that all models of the ps90 besides the "PS90 standard" was discontinued? Personally I think the PS90 standard rail look ugly and too big.

What do you think about this?

See less See more
#2 ·
Meh. They should just embed pistol-style sights in the tri-rail. I think Promoted Pawn actually already makes something like that. Maintains the lower height while giving you a last ditch, close quarters BUIS option. The weapon is really meant for use with electronic optics, though.

Interesting stuff, in any event. Thanks.

#3 ·
Got of the phone with FN, I asked them about the models of PS90's they still make and found out a ear full.

PS90 standard (Rail with iron sight inside of the rail)

They told me that all models of the ps90 besides the "PS90 standard" was disconnected? Personally I think the PS90 standard rail look ugly and too big.

What do you think about this?
Disconnected? If you mean discontinued, I think whomever you spoke with misspoke.

#4 ·
#6 ·
#17 ·
Well, I was planning on waiting until the end of the month. But, seeing as they are going extinct, I went ahead and ordered my PS90 TR this morning. I should have it by mid next week.

#20 ·
So they've discontinued three kinds of ring sights (black, green fiber optic, and original white ghost), the TR barrel group, the TR barrel group with C-more sight, and a USG ("standard") model with DrOptic? They've also discontinued all the the P90s with internal laser, and a bunch of accessories like the internal cleaning kit, and cigar cutter sling mount.
I imagine the most valuable production PS90 to collectors of the future would be a like-new Green stocked USG model with white ring sight, smooth flash-hider, smaller cardboard box, and matching serial numbers between stock, sticker on butt, and lock. These smooth flash-hider's were the first ones and have a serial number range somewhere between 35000 and 40000, I think. They have a grey hammer group with all black parts, except for the front sear, which is OD green.

#23 ·
I SBR'd mine. Glad I did it too.

#26 ·
Good ole dremel tool , The anti-duct tape of the 2000s :-D

#27 · (Edited)
I am new to the PS90. Bought one at a gun auction last month(nib). Came with tri-rails and 2 scopes. One was factory, other red dot. I thought all PS90s came with a factory scope. Am I wrong? So far, put about 500rds thru it. Right on the money with the red dot. Haven't tried the factory sight yet though. Anyone have experience with the factory one? I am trying to find out in advance which is easier/more accurate? Although it is NIB, did not have a manual. Is that what the Amorers Manual is?

#28 ·
If it came with all of that I don't think you got a NIB.

There should have been an owners manual with it. Apparently someone removed it. You can download it from FN's web site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.