ps90 optic

FN Forum

Thread: ps90 optic

ps90 optic

hey guys what do you think of this optic,I've been looking for an 'aa' battery sized red dot besides the typical Aimpoint m4.Money is tight right now, you think its worth a try for the ps90 since recoil is marginal?

Item:10832459 TACTICAL M4 STYLE RED DOT SCOPE! CHECK IT OUT! For Sale at GunAuction.com
    after five years got the ps90!

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by komodoj View Post
    hey guys what do you think of this optic,I've been looking for an 'aa' battery sized red dot besides the typical Aimpoint m4.Money is tight right now, you think its worth a try for the ps90 since recoil is marginal?

Item:10832459 TACTICAL M4 STYLE RED DOT SCOPE! CHECK IT OUT! For Sale at GunAuction.com
    What type of PS90 do you have, tri rail, ...
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

yes,its a trirail version

I have no familiarity with that dot, for that matter it doesn't even list the brand. I'd honestly stay away from that optic. If your looking for a decent budget red dot look into primary arms (https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_s/586.htm). I have one of their micro dots on my FS2000 as a temporary optic, and I'd say its much more than the price suggests. From browsing these forums and ar15.com, a fair number of people have them without problems.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Check the height that the optic will sit on the tri rail. You may loose your cheek weld if that matters to you. I have returned to the USSS black sight on my PS90SBR because I wanted a tight cheek weld. My PS90 (not tri rail) still has the Eotech on it and it is usable even with a reduced or even missing cheek weld. Can you estimate what the total height of the sight dot will be above the muzzle of the PS90?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

in response to the previous member above,I feel everyone is pushing primary arms products and to be honest with you guys I didn't have a good customer experience with those guys.that's why I bought the Bushnell trs25 instead of there's.as far as the scope height I'm not sure,I haven't bought it yet but it mirrors the aimpoint compm4.just like the idea of an AA battery,call me crazy?

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    in response to the previous member above,I feel everyone is pushing primary arms products and to be honest with you guys I didn't have a good customer experience with those guys.that's why I bought the Bushnell trs25 instead of there's.as far as the scope height I'm not sure,I haven't bought it yet but it mirrors the aimpoint compm4.just like the idea of an AA battery,call me crazy?

My Eotech has two AA batteries and it works just fine.

sorry I was commenting to bd1911 and as far as an eotech your right it takes the aa's.but I guess I meant besides eotechs and aimpoints.no pun intended.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I'd skip that red dot. It is a no name knock-off. It looks like 69.95 that could be better put towards an Eotech. You get a better optic, AA battery use and good customer service. The 512 model can be had for under 400. It should sit nicely on the tri-rail.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Links