What would you like to see on a PS90? - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree14Thanks

Thread: What would you like to see on a PS90?

Already a metal magazine release. I'd like to see someone make a trigger pack or something to further enhance trigger pull. Don't think a bull barrel is going to work, since you'd have to redesign the receiver.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod Legsdin View Post
    I have some P90/Ps90 PMM Gear in the work for 2016 that should help meet some of the afor mention requests.
    Ok ... I'll bite ... please do tell ?

Since we are wishing here.... I would like to see a barrel & bore closer together , a precision receiver, and optic options that are more " user friendly " , spin the mag 180, sink it down into the buttstock, change the mag design & Mag release to suit for a direct mag insertion into the back of the stock , ect.... by the time they are done toying with that ..... The PS90 Gen 3 or 4 trigger packs may become available to us consumers..... sounds like I have the " timing " dow right anyways.... !
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

Trump " See You In court " ......

1. I would like to see the factory sights come back for sale. Maybe an improved holographic or red dot from the factory worthy of the firearm. Or iron sights that actually make sense.
    2. Improved mag release.

That's about it for me. I only have about 300 rds through mine, but this is what I an think of as a new PS90 owner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

How about a better way to mount a light. Maybe internal routing for a pressure switch?

Totally agree on the light mounting system. Looking at the platform... If I was handy and I'm not, I would love to see an optic mount that has a forward dog leg that drops down the front of the receiver and puts a pic rail right above the barrel. You could use that to mount a flashlight that would site below the optic and above the barrel. One of these smart metal guys could build that... hint hint... I'd also like to see a factory integral laser/wiring system for the stock. And while I'm at it, I'd like a 9mm version.

Do you guys think that FN will release a new redesigned Gen5 anytime soon? It's been several years since they released the 4th generation PS90, and it's definitely the worst. The factory rail sits way too high and many users are removing it to replace with an ultra low rail made by other manufacturers. It's mind boggling that FN would discontinue the sleek tri-rail version that everyone liked and instead switch to this crappy Gen4. Why?!

I wanted to purchase PS90 for awhile now, but not willing to settle for Gen4, and the used tri-rails are priced way too expensive because of the discontinued situation.

What would you like to see on a PS90?

Quote Originally Posted by user9 View Post
    Do you guys think that FN will release a new redesigned Gen5 anytime soon? It's been several years since they released the 4th generation PS90, and it's definitely the worst. The factory rail sits way too high and many users are removing it to replace with an ultra low rail made by other manufacturers. It's mind boggling that FN would discontinue the sleek tri-rail version that everyone liked and instead switch to this crappy Gen4. Why?!

I wanted to purchase PS90 for awhile now, but not willing to settle for Gen4, and the used tri-rails are priced way too expensive because of the discontinued situation.
    I'm not a huge fan of the tall rail myself but the good thing is, aside from the rail they have the same parts as the USG. So the rail can be removed and a ring sight can be mounted.

These are about the lowest profile optics you can buy for a PS90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lynyrd65; 01-14-2016 at 07:06 AM.

New PS90 owner here. I would have liked FN to include factory sling mount points that don't require you to wrap the rear with nylon webbing. It looks like an afterthought. At least include some screw holes where one can screw in some optional D-rings for a sling. Considering it was designed for duty use you'd think integrated sling points would have been part of the design.

I would like to mount a laser as close to the barrel as possible. The square 'dimples' at the front of the receiver look like a good place to mount some sort of rail, but I haven't seen anything in the market for it, so I think I'm going to try to rig up something myself. I thought about getting one of those adapters that clamp to the barrel but those look goofy. A picatinny rail that would mount right under the barrel (in place of the super-expensive built in laser spot) would be perfect.

Here's a very quick and dirty mockup of what I mean:

ps90mount.png

Someone could fab one that uses the body screw point that's right there to mount at that location. It would require a longer replacement screw of course. Maybe something like that already exists? I can't find anything.
    Last edited by Anticitizen; 03-11-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Just one simple change. I would like to be able to simply unscrew the factory flash suppressor and add a suppressor. I'm perfectly happy with the rest.
    Foxthree thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunGeek View Post
    Just one simple change. I would like to be able to simply unscrew the factory flash suppressor and add a suppressor. I'm perfectly happy with the rest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ever since I went to the vet everything has been loud as f#ck.

Number 1 qualification on resume "Able to piss people off" and have ship load of references to prove it, But they all hate me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links