Patience dwindling - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search

View Poll Results: Should I spend the extra coin or continue waiting for the price I'd like to pay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spend the extra coin it's totally worth it

17 39.53%
  • You've waited this long, perseverance will pay off

26 60.47%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Patience dwindling

You can wait - I'd set a time limit - 9 months?
    The 16 is under rated because a lot of people know nothing other than AR15-isms. The 16 stands on its own.
    Besides that you could rationalize the the 16 is a training rifle for your SCAR 17 - you know, less expensive ammo - you will save a ton of money! (Wink - Wink!)
    A SCAR 16 in the hand is worth two in the bush?
    I do not think you will regret the purchase. Besides, since you have the trigger, you need to accessorize it with a rifle.
    There! I've given you all the rationalization so can think of this early in the morning!
    Good luck and Merry Christmas!
    Troublesx10 and aquaticpig thanked this.

I love the 16, I think alot of AR guys don't like it because of the weight and reciprocating ch. It's a soft shooter and very accurate. I wouldn't overpay though.

Spend the money on some A-Kit stuff for your KTM
    It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasures; when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making along the way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

For a couple of hundred more than you want to spend you should be able to find a 16S. I admire you patience but if was me I'd spend the extra $$$ instead of going thru the angst your going thru now. You only live once and you can't take it with you.

I have a 16 and love it. I have a friend in the market for a new AR and has been hesitant to spend the $2600 or so on a SCAR 16. I decided to take him to the range and let him try it out. I first let him shoot my Sig MCX and then the SCAR 16. Needless to say, he is now sold on the SCAR and will be saving longer to get one. The Sig is nice but not SCAR nice!

Hmm....typically I'd tell you to wait, but it seems you've waited plenty. I say spend a little extra, or see if you can have one ordered somewhere. Or, you can get the Scar's cousin and get a CZ Bren. Like you I also wanted the 16 after getting my 17 a few years ago. I just couldn't justify that money when I already had 2 ARs and a Tavor on the way. Fast forward a couple of years and I still have the Tavor, but got rid of my ARs. Instead of spending $$ on a 16, buying a new barrel to SBR it, then spending money on a stamp, I just went with the Bren pistol. I went ahead and got the stamp, and now I'm just waiting for the ATF to get in gear.
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    NRA Lifetime Member
    Flamethrowers: Because someone once thought "I really want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Current Grails:
    Spas 12, 1979 Colt Python

^^^^^^^
    What he said - not a bad idea.
    But you could not use your G trigger.
    After buying an 805 Carbine I bought a pistol too - will SBR it.

Since you already have the SCAR 17s, you could try something similar to the 16s. See if you can find a CZ Bren to rent at the range. It's SCAR-like, and I've heard some people even like it more.

If you don't like that option, I would keep waiting for a better deal for the 16s.

EDIT: Hairlesswookiee beat me to it regarding the CZ Bren.
    Last edited by Box4; 12-26-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Thank you all for the great insight and suggestions on how to proceed. As far as the alternatives go, Averywhite, I've had my current suspension resprung and valved and it works great but if I were to upgrade I'd probably go ohlins instead of full A-kit, not that full A-kit wouldn't be amazing but for the price I could get another brand new bike where the ohlins I've tryied was ridiculously nice and only cost alittle more than the scar. But I'm still leaning towards the scar.

the Bren looks like an awesome gun. (so does the scorpion) I've actually been considering it for a while, I heard good reviews and I'm a total CZ "fanboy" most of my pistols are CZ and I can't get enough of them, the ergos are perfect for my hands. the triggers and reliability are phenomenal. Factor in the shadow series, the reasonable prices and great aftermarket support from Cajun and czcustom shop and I can't get enough CZ. If the Bren is half as good as CZ's pistols I know I'll be happy with it. Can anyone comment on the Brens accuracy, the trigger and if they run ok with pmags and lancer mags?

and to whom ever posted the link to the two scars on gun broker, Thankyou, I don't know what happen to your post but I will get in contact with that seller this week. That is exactly what I was looking for.

I will definitely post up pictures when I aquire my 16s. type5 thanks for the time limit idea, I just made buying and owning a scar 16s my New Years resolution.
    Last edited by ktmguy; 12-26-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    akitainu thanked this.

Spent yesterday doing more research on the CZ 805 Bren and I'm really liking what I'm hearing. Looks like 2017 is going to be a rifle buying year for me as last year was an precision AR build and a bunch of pistols. So right now the short list is SCAR 16s, CZ Bren and arsenal slr-104. Now that Christmas is over it's time to start spending money on my toys. Happy New Years guys... and gals (who am I kidding it's just guys here)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links