Patience dwindling - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search

View Poll Results: Should I spend the extra coin or continue waiting for the price I'd like to pay?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spend the extra coin it's totally worth it

14 35.90%
  • You've waited this long, perseverance will pay off

25 64.10%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Patience dwindling

I bought the 16s first, now I want the 17. I should have bought the 17 first! IF I WAS YOU, I'd just buy the conversion kit from Hi Desert Dog, he has some on Gunbroker and available in stock on his website. It will save you some money, and you can have the best of both worlds. THEN, use that extra money to buy a SCAR 10 lower from him so you can use AR10 PMAGs.

What should a 16S sell for now, anyway....? $3000?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    What should a 16S sell for now, anyway....? $3000?
    Only if you're extremely desperate to own one.
    Canyon Man and LESTER thanked this.

Mobius thanks for the suggestion, that is an option I hadn't thought of.

i wouldn't pay $3000 for one but that doesn't mean people aren't. The prices I see used ones listed for blows my mind, it's literally the same price the new ones go for. So there is no reason to buy a used one if brand new ones cost the exact same. I remember back in 14 when I got my 17s you could pick up a used 16s for 2k and I thought that was reasonable but now finding used ones for under 2500 is rare and for that price you can buy new. I'll wait and see if prices come down.
    macman1138 thanked this.

I have noticed though as product availability is returning, prices are still elevated. It is unclear how many weapons the 'normal levels' will be by spring or summer and if larger numbers will bring reduced prices in the short or long term.

On 26 December, I received email that the SCAR 17 I have been saving for for months was available at last for $3,299. I just went ahead and bought it, the rifle shipped yesterday and I am awaiting its arrival.
    Support Gunner thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by macman1138 View Post
    I have noticed though as product availability is returning, prices are still elevated. It is unclear how many weapons the 'normal levels' will be by spring or summer and if larger numbers will bring reduced prices in the short or long term.

On 26 December, I received email that the SCAR 17 I have been saving for for months was available at last for $3,299. I just went ahead and bought it, the rifle shipped yesterday and I am awaiting its arrival.

Sucks... but, when all is said and done, you'll have your SCAR 17. And you'll love it.

I bought a 17S in early 2015 when they were "normally priced" (still very expensive) --- I wanted to get one because the Anti's were going nuts and I figured it was Now or Never.

Now I'm looking to get a 16S --- the used ones are listing for around $2500, and new ones seem to be sitting at $2700-2800. Crazy high. But... how long are you going to wait in the hopes of saving $100-200...?

I would love it if the 16S's would drop back down to $2300 new... but it's not gonna happen, guys. Good luck getting an FDE one, at that.
    macman1138 thanked this.

If I wanted to go the 5.56 route, I'd get a SCAR 16. It is the best 5.56 platform out there as far as I am concerned. I hated dropping that much cash on the 17, but I have waited for about 6 months and I have a whole truck load of new mods ready to go. For me it was now or never too.
    I am to make the 17 and my 5.7 heirloom pieces, calling them Grandpa's army rifle and pistol.

Thank you and Happy New Year!!!!
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

One on the forum.
    Like new Scar 16
    SCAR16S BLK
    SCAR16S FDE
    SCAR17S FDE
    "I've never had a bike ask me if I'm going to be inside riding my wife all day" - Rev. J. Crocker

Quote Originally Posted by imacad View Post
    One on the forum.
    Like new Scar 16

That one was sold on the 28th.

They are starting to show up on GB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links