Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member AZFN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    189
    Thanked
    3 times

    Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

    I'm thinking about switching the PWS brake to the Smith Vortex flash hider. Would that technically void my warranty?

    Also, Anybody have a pic of a SCAR 16 w/ a Vortex on it?


  2. #2
    STL
    STL is offline
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    25,225
    Thanked
    11692 times
    The only way to really find out is to call Bob at FNH USA.

    703-288-1292 ext# 122.

    Sorry I don't have a Vortex on the guns.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Go Navy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Taxifornia
    Posts
    272
    Thanked
    7 times
    I removed mine and replaced it with a thread protector, so let me know what you find out as I never even thought of the warranty thing. Glad you are looking into it.
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." The 10th Amendment.

    NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, U.S. Navy Veteran

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6
    Got a Vortex on mine, though haven't shot with it yet. Will post pictures when i figure that part out, and will let you know how it shoots VS the stock PWS Brake sometime next week if i can remember.
    I have a Vortex on my PTR-91, and even with the overly peppy MG rounds, no flash whatsoever.

  6. #5
    Senior Member mike929's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    129
    Thanked
    5 times

    Re: Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZFN
    I'm thinking about switching the PWS brake to the Smith Vortex flash hider. Would that technically void my warranty?

    Also, Anybody have a pic of a SCAR 16 w/ a Vortex on it?
    Can only void your warranty if the removal of the part or the addition of a new part causes the damage you want warranty consideration upon.

    Look at the car industry. They are not allowed to void your warranty on your brakes because you put on a new front grill. Of course if the new grill doesn't allow popper cooling and your truck overheats and becomes damaged, don't expect them to fix your engine.

    Barrett will void the warranty on their 82 if you remove the muzzle brake because it will hammer the receiver. Since the SCAR is delivered to the military with a flash suppressor, I do not see that removal will do anything but cause more recoil and the thanks of people beside you at the range.
    Mike

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6
    Vortex P/N 1001V




    Supports all of the SEI-DC Suppressors if you had one of those too

  8. #7
    Senior Member Ferris2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,325
    Thanked
    1874 times

    Re: Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by mike929
    Quote Originally Posted by AZFN
    I'm thinking about switching the PWS brake to the Smith Vortex flash hider. Would that technically void my warranty?

    Also, Anybody have a pic of a SCAR 16 w/ a Vortex on it?
    Can only void your warranty if the removal of the part or the addition of a new part causes the damage you want warranty consideration upon.

    Look at the car industry. They are not allowed to void your warranty on your brakes because you put on a new front grill. Of course if the new grill doesn't allow popper cooling and your truck overheats and becomes damaged, don't expect them to fix your engine.

    Barrett will void the warranty on their 82 if you remove the muzzle brake because it will hammer the receiver. Since the SCAR is delivered to the military with a flash suppressor, I do not see that removal will do anything but cause more recoil and the thanks of people beside you at the range.
    Do you work for/represent FNH? Have you ever discussed this issue with anyone at FNH?

  9. #8
    Senior Member mike929's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    129
    Thanked
    5 times

    Re: Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris2son
    Quote Originally Posted by mike929
    Quote Originally Posted by AZFN
    I'm thinking about switching the PWS brake to the Smith Vortex flash hider. Would that technically void my warranty?

    Also, Anybody have a pic of a SCAR 16 w/ a Vortex on it?
    Can only void your warranty if the removal of the part or the addition of a new part causes the damage you want warranty consideration upon.

    Look at the car industry. They are not allowed to void your warranty on your brakes because you put on a new front grill. Of course if the new grill doesn't allow popper cooling and your truck overheats and becomes damaged, don't expect them to fix your engine.

    Barrett will void the warranty on their 82 if you remove the muzzle brake because it will hammer the receiver. Since the SCAR is delivered to the military with a flash suppressor, I do not see that removal will do anything but cause more recoil and the thanks of people beside you at the range.
    Do you work for/represent FNH? Have you ever discussed this issue with anyone at FNH?
    Nope, I don't work for FNH and I am not a lawyer. Thus my comparison to the car industry laws. (Nope I don't work in the car industry either)

    If you want an official response from FNH, might I suggest you ask FNH (in writing) and not an internet site.
    Mike

  10. #9
    Senior Member Ferris2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,325
    Thanked
    1874 times
    So you were hypothisising <is that a word?>

    I changed mine out and assumed it might void the barrel from warranty repair, but I didn't think about the whole gun.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Ferris2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    4,325
    Thanked
    1874 times

    Re: Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by mike929

    Nope, I don't work for FNH and I am not a lawyer. Thus my comparison to the car industry laws. (Nope I don't work in the car industry either)

    If you want an official response from FNH, might I suggest you ask FNH (in writing) and not an internet site.
    Yeah. I know. The internet is full of people who post stuff when they really don't know $hit about it.

    Thanks for the advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

changing muzzle brake void car warranty
,
changing thread size on muzzle device
,

fn scar warranty

,
fn warranty flash hider
,
fnh scar warranty
,
muzzle break void warranty
,

ptr 91 recoil comparison

,
ptr 91 void warranty
,
removing flash hider on a ptr-91
,
scar 16 changing muzzle brake void warranty
,
scar 16s changing muzzle brake void warranty
,
smith vortex vs pws brake
,
threading muzzle void warranty remington 700
,

vortex 1001v

,
what voids fn scar warranty
Click on a term to search for related topics.