Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

I'm thinking about switching the PWS brake to the Smith Vortex flash hider. Would that technically void my warranty?

Also, Anybody have a pic of a SCAR 16 w/ a Vortex on it?

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    The only way to really find out is to call Bob at FNH USA.

703-288-1292 ext# 122.

Sorry I don't have a Vortex on the guns.

I removed mine and replaced it with a thread protector, so let me know what you find out as I never even thought of the warranty thing. Glad you are looking into it.
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." The 10th Amendment.

NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, U.S. Navy Veteran

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Got a Vortex on mine, though haven't shot with it yet. Will post pictures when i figure that part out, and will let you know how it shoots VS the stock PWS Brake sometime next week if i can remember.
    I have a Vortex on my PTR-91, and even with the overly peppy MG rounds, no flash whatsoever.

Re: Changing Muzzle Device Void Warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by AZFN
    I'm thinking about switching the PWS brake to the Smith Vortex flash hider. Would that technically void my warranty?

Can only void your warranty if the removal of the part or the addition of a new part causes the damage you want warranty consideration upon.

Look at the car industry. They are not allowed to void your warranty on your brakes because you put on a new front grill. Of course if the new grill doesn't allow popper cooling and your truck overheats and becomes damaged, don't expect them to fix your engine.

Barrett will void the warranty on their 82 if you remove the muzzle brake because it will hammer the receiver. Since the SCAR is delivered to the military with a flash suppressor, I do not see that removal will do anything but cause more recoil and the thanks of people beside you at the range.
    Mike

Vortex P/N 1001V

Supports all of the SEI-DC Suppressors if you had one of those too

Quote Originally Posted by mike929

Can only void your warranty if the removal of the part or the addition of a new part causes the damage you want warranty consideration upon.

Look at the car industry. They are not allowed to void your warranty on your brakes because you put on a new front grill. Of course if the new grill doesn't allow popper cooling and your truck overheats and becomes damaged, don't expect them to fix your engine.

Barrett will void the warranty on their 82 if you remove the muzzle brake because it will hammer the receiver. Since the SCAR is delivered to the military with a flash suppressor, I do not see that removal will do anything but cause more recoil and the thanks of people beside you at the range.
    Do you work for/represent FNH? Have you ever discussed this issue with anyone at FNH?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris2son

Do you work for/represent FNH? Have you ever discussed this issue with anyone at FNH?
    Nope, I don't work for FNH and I am not a lawyer. Thus my comparison to the car industry laws. (Nope I don't work in the car industry either)

If you want an official response from FNH, might I suggest you ask FNH (in writing) and not an internet site.
    Mike

So you were hypothisising <is that a word?>

I changed mine out and assumed it might void the barrel from warranty repair, but I didn't think about the whole gun.

Nope, I don't work for FNH and I am not a lawyer. Thus my comparison to the car industry laws. (Nope I don't work in the car industry either)

If you want an official response from FNH, might I suggest you ask FNH (in writing) and not an internet site.
    Yeah. I know. The internet is full of people who post stuff when they really don't know $hit about it.

Thanks for the advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links