Possible prototype?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Possible prototype?

First off, I know how most people here feel about guns used in video games, and Im probably gonna get reamed for posting this, but just bear with me for a moment.

The other day I was playing a game of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and I noticed that they have the 16s as an available weapon to use. Being a SCAR owner, I felt obligated to give it a go. I think they at least got the look of it down pretty good until I noticed that the ejector is on the wrong side:

On the ground

In your hands

Shooting: note they got the reciprocating handle right

Also of note is the rear sight. Its a little diffrent than the production version

My point is that is it possible that the game developer (DICE, based in Sweden) somehow got their hands on a left-ejecting version that they modeled for the game? Or did they do it so make the pretty brass shells fly across your face while you are shooting?

My guess? Just a mistake on behalf of the development team. While it may seem like a pretty obvious error to SCAR owners, in truth these things don't even pop on the radar of most neophytes. If they get it 80%, that's usually good enough.

They butchered it. Most games do. They screwed up the grip too (saw grip. Yeah, I know, the prototype used the saw grip. The gun actually looks like a FDE version of the original black prototype).

My favorite screw up was in Splinter cell. The rifle they have for that is the F2000. Well, they show the shells ejecting off to the right... except it has the forward ejection tube so they just drop out.

I rarely play video games (shooting ones have been killed for me because of the weapons f* ups. Bugs me too much, and yeah, I'm a stickler for detail in some things-slightly OCD)
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I wonder if there are legal issues to having it exactly like the real thing.

Maybe they would also have to pay a manufacturer, as it is their design. Copyright laws?
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar

Re: Possible prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by TAFFY003
    Im probably gonna get reamed for posting this...
    Now where did I put that #0 Morse taper reamer...?

Hmmm, I know it's around here somewhere...

Im fairly sure they get some sort of permission to use the design in the game. I know in racing games that the developers have to get license rights from the manufactures to use their cars.

Usually the developers will have a range day where they go out and shoot all the guns to include into the game to record the sound of the guns and to get a feel for how they shoot. Im not sure if they take the guns back to the studio to make the 3D models for the game or if they have to work from pictures.

I was just wondering if FN might have sent them a lefty prototype that they were gonna chunk anyway.

Re: Possible prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtStrykerUSMC43
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFFY003
    Im probably gonna get reamed for posting this...
    Now where did I put that #0 Morse taper reamer...?

Hmmm, I know it's around here somewhere...

AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

you honestly think FN would send a game developer a weapon let alone a prototype they were "just going to throw away"

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar

You mean FN didn't?!

i cannot confirm nor deny said things

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links