FN SCAR 16S - shared experiences... - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: FN SCAR 16S - shared experiences...

Bring the right sized Torx wrench to adjust the windage of the front sight to the range, you can adjust elevation of the front sight with the tip of a bullet but I'd rather have a tool to do that also. My 16s sights where way off from the factory and my first range trip I didn't have the right tools to adjust it and also didn't think to check everything when the irons where sighting in odd.

Bring lots of ammo because your probably going to want to shoot more than you expected
    RickK1974 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveToOne View Post
    Bring lots of ammo because your probably going to want to shoot more than you expected
    Agreed. My first time out with my 16S I sent a couple hundred rounds down range. It's easy to get carried away when shooting it, it's just that smooth. Congrats on getting your first SCAR, and enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by stew View Post
    It's not just pmags that are a concern. You need to check all mags before using them. Repeat...all mags.
    Thanks for the heads up. I have a bunch of standard 30 round Colt AR mags I was planning to use.
    FN SCAR 16S
    FN PS90
    FN FNAR - HEAVY BARREL
    FN FiveSeven
    FN FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FNP-9

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by goretro77 View Post
    I have the SCAR 16S and Colt LE6920:

After firing both extensively the SCAR has become my 'go to' firearm. The LE6920 stays in the safe....ALOT now.
    You have the 'gotcha' points covered with the magazines and the reciprocating handle. I have grown to like the handle reciprocating but have not had to make any adjustments to the way I naturally hold a longarm.

Nice firearms you have there! Ironically it was a Colt LE6920, a Colt 1911 Combat Elite and some cash I used to get my SCAR 16S yesterday. I kept my Colt LE6940. I don't think my thumb will be an issue due to the grip I use on the front. However I do plan to keep in mind that the bottom of theblack plastic piece that houses the barrel bolts as a good stop point.
    FN SCAR 16S
    FN PS90
    FN FNAR - HEAVY BARREL
    FN FiveSeven
    FN FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FNP-9

Quote Originally Posted by SHOOT View Post

Ha, this is what happened to me a week after I got my 17s . . . Enjoy you're new SCAR but watch out.
    Very nice pair of SCARS you have there. I am still breaking in my FNAR Heavy Barrel but I must admit I am looking at the 17S out of the corner of my eye...
    FN SCAR 16S
    FN PS90
    FN FNAR - HEAVY BARREL
    FN FiveSeven
    FN FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FNP-9

Quote Originally Posted by FiveToOne View Post
    Bring the right sized Torx wrench to adjust the windage of the front sight to the range, you can adjust elevation of the front sight with the tip of a bullet but I'd rather have a tool to do that also. My 16s sights where way off from the factory and my first range trip I didn't have the right tools to adjust it and also didn't think to check everything when the irons where sighting in odd.

Thanks for the tip! Picked up a bunch of extra Olin/Winchester M855 rounds today just for the first shoot with the SCAR.
    FN SCAR 16S
    FN PS90
    FN FNAR - HEAVY BARREL
    FN FiveSeven
    FN FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FNP-9

Quote Originally Posted by SapperMac View Post
    Enjoy your new SCAR. However, I must caution you. Once you've put a few rounds through the SCAR, don't be surprised if you don't enjoy your AR as much anymore.
    I was strictly a Colt and Sig guy before I bought my first FN about a year ago. Now up to 4 FN firearms and I find some of my Colt and Sig stuff being expendable... Have not been disappointed with a single FN firearm I purchased yet and I anticipate the SCAR 16S will be the same!
    FN SCAR 16S
    FN PS90
    FN FNAR - HEAVY BARREL
    FN FiveSeven
    FN FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FNP-9

Quote Originally Posted by SCAR face View Post
    Post your SCAR tips, tweaks, tricks, and odd bits here - M4Carbine.net Forums

This, seems to be a good thread consolidating tidbits and info on our rifle. I see your scar is already dopped! But, They are some good threads about other accessories such as slings, optics, etc going on in our accessories section as well, check 'em out.

Welcome and enjoy!
    Thanks for the URL. It will make for some good late night reading.
    FN SCAR 16S
    FN PS90
    FN FNAR - HEAVY BARREL
    FN FiveSeven
    FN FNP-45 Tactical
    FN FNP-9

Quote Originally Posted by RickK1974 View Post
    Very nice pair of SCARS you have there. I am still breaking in my FNAR Heavy Barrel but I must admit I am looking at the 17S out of the corner of my eye...
    Thanks and good luck.
    "I don't think you boy's understand . . . they killed my dog!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links