Heavy trigger on SCAR light - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Heavy trigger on SCAR light

The after market triggers I installed it my 16 and 17 were huge upgrades and as important to me as a better optic, scope, ammo, magazines, or a training class. It really makes many things with these rifles come together for me. But I understand everyone has different things that are important to them. Certainly, I would rather have paid 1/2 or 1/4 as much for the trigger that I did but I would say the same about a better optic, scope, ammo, magazines, or a training class too!

I sent my trigger module to a gunsmith in Colorado named Bill Springfield. He had it about 10 days. I sent it with instructions that I did not want it lower than 4.5 pounds.
    He did a beautiful job. very happy with it. $70 IIRC.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Type5 View Post
    The after market triggers I installed it my 16 and 17 were huge upgrades and as important to me as a better optic, scope, ammo, magazines, or a training class. It really makes many things with these rifles come together for me. But I understand everyone has different things that are important to them. Certainly, I would rather have paid 1/2 or 1/4 as much for the trigger that I did but I would say the same about a better optic, scope, ammo, magazines, or a training class too!
    A trigger upgrade has to be important to someone installing it, because getting the cost back if or when you sell the rifle might be a tough sell. But with the other items you posted "optic, scope, ammo, magazines" they can be sold later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleshooterscar View Post
    A trigger upgrade has to be important to someone installing it, because getting the cost back if or when you sell the rifle might be a tough sell. But with the other items you posted "optic, scope, ammo, magazines" they can be sold later.

Not understanding what you are saying here. I have neve bought a rifle with the idea that I am going to sell it - nor would I add improvemnts to a rifle I wanted to sell. Why would I buy something I know I do not want.

Are you saying chief methodology to modify a firearm should be to make a spread sheet of the most resale friendly accessories and choose from them? Let's say a Tactical Light is at the top of the list, purchase price to re-sale, but I want a trigger. If I want a better trigger, buying a Tactical Light that I can get a better investment to resale ratio from just will not make my trigger better. Nor is it going to make me happy or improve my rifle for what I do.

I can always re-install my original trigger and re-sell my $400 ($375 is what I gave in April of last year) Geissele for $325.

RCS9250, above, may have found the most reasonable way to fix a glarring problem with every SCAR I have handled. I hope he posts some range reports about it.

A good trigger is critical for me, for others it may be other things.

"Optic, scope, ammo, magazines" are all cool but when I need a trigger, a new P-Mag just will not cut it!
    Feldspar thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links