New Vltor Scar Handguard - Page 7

FN Forum

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: New Vltor Scar Handguard

Senior Member GO AHEAD PUNK, MAKE MY DAY IKEWarrior04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aiden618 View Post
    I don't plan on being in any situation where I have to change barrels or take it out in a jiffy. Plus if I wanted a quick change barrel I would have bought an acr...(insert evil laugh)
    Theres a reason Remington ditched that crappy barrel mounting system and went with a system similar to the scar and Lmt MWS.
    "Why should I or the NRA go sit down with a group of people who have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment?"- Wayne LaPierre

Originally posted by: SGTStrykerUSMC43
    Just enjoy the time you have left before that dreaded knock comes. Get jiggy with a chick, say "later" to all your buds, give mom a hug.

Don't go near dad. He'll slap you like a fool.
    If gun control works, explain Chicago,Il.

Member Hits The Target
    Never said the acr barrel system was better just said if I bought a rifle for a qcb I would have went with the acr... I didn't buy a rifle based on how Friendly it was to take apart and clean. I mean if it took me twenty sec to take apart compared to two min, is there that big of a difference? I'd still spend a complete 30 min cleaning like I do on my rem700 by the way I can take the barrel off of that faster than the scar. So IMO It's a good layout for me. I can take it apart what two minutes slower than you? Not really a big difference IMO plus I like how I can have railing where ever I want whether it's at a 45 or all the way up front and only where I need it.. I respect everyone's opinion though (this is my rifle there are many like it, but this one is mine) its what sets everyone apart from one another. If everything was the same and nothing could be different this wonderful site and amazing people wouldn't exist right. I have to admit though it shoots better than the tan rifles since my railing is two different shades of black thanks vltor...
    Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet. "Maj. Gen. James Mattis"

Glad you are happy Aiden. I think the criticism is not meant against you but sometimes you just got to question why. lol

Quote Originally Posted by IKEWarrior04 View Post
    Theres a reason Remington ditched that crappy barrel mounting system and went with a system similar to the scar and Lmt MWS.
    Are you saying that Bushy (are they owned by Remington?? I kinda/sorta remember they are) got rid of the quick change barrel feature on the ACR? I hadn't heard that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FN SCAR 17S, Kimber Tactical Custom II, Kriss Vector CRB, Kahr PM9, M1 Garand (CMP HRA SGS), Benelli M4 Tactical, IWI Tavor B18

I believe Bushy is no more. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think you are right. I seem to remember reading somewhere (perhaps here) about a series of acquisitions involving Bushy, but can't remember all the details. Must be getting old.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FN SCAR 17S, Kimber Tactical Custom II, Kriss Vector CRB, Kahr PM9, M1 Garand (CMP HRA SGS), Benelli M4 Tactical, IWI Tavor B18

Senior Member GO AHEAD PUNK, MAKE MY DAY IKEWarrior04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xn0r View Post
    Are you saying that Bushy (are they owned by Remington?? I kinda/sorta remember they are) got rid of the quick change barrel feature on the ACR? I hadn't heard that.

The Remington ACR PDW and ACR Individual Carbine candidate both utilize the Remington MSR (Modular Sniper Rifle) barrel nut system rather than a QCB (Quick Change Barrel) system for optimal accuracy, since they were seeing some point-of-impact shift with the original QCB system

Source: Defense Review - Remington ACR PDW SBR (Adaptive Combat Rifle Personal Defense Weapon Short Barreled Rifle) and Remington Individual Carbine (IC) Candidate: Remington Defense Assault Rifles/Carbines/PDWs at NDIA Joint Armaments Conference 2012 (Video
    "Why should I or the NRA go sit down with a group of people who have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment?"- Wayne LaPierre

Originally posted by: SGTStrykerUSMC43
    Just enjoy the time you have left before that dreaded knock comes. Get jiggy with a chick, say "later" to all your buds, give mom a hug.

Don't go near dad. He'll slap you like a fool.
    If gun control works, explain Chicago,Il.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperjoe View Post
    I believe Bushy is no more. Correct me if I am wrong.
    They're owned by the same company that owns Remington, Marlin, AAC, and DPMS. This company is Cerberus Capital Management.
    Last edited by djv38; 10-09-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperjoe View Post
    Glad you are happy Aiden. I think the criticism is not meant against you but sometimes you just got to question why. lol
    Correct. I wasn't directing any malice toward Aiden. I was wanting to know if the Ultor HG made barrel removal more difficult. Based on the information I received, it's not for me.

-SS

ORDERS:

AUTHORIZED FN LE/Mil DISTRIBUTOR & 07 LICENSED FIREARM MANUFACTURER

Now Accepting All Major Credit Cards

Member Hits The Target
    Lol non takin.i respect everyone's opinion on here, no reason to get mad about someone's opioin. I actually like hearing everyone's input on differents subjects.
    Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet. "Maj. Gen. James Mattis"

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links