How is SCAR 16 availability? My Dealer can't get one..... - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: How is SCAR 16 availability? My Dealer can't get one.....

My local gun range has one in the shop portion in FDE for $2259. They do not ship, but let me know if you are near New Hampshire and I can tell you where. Bought a PS90 from them 2 weeks ago for $1300, and they threw in 3 free magazines. Normally I would not go to an indoor range looking to make a purchase, but they seem to have some pretty competitive pricing.

The cool part of the shop is that they just got in a SCAR MK17 with the fun switch that they are going to rent out. Still waiting on the pricing for that. The other full autos are $75 and include 2 magazines. Can buy additional ammo.

So I'm in the same boat as the OP, I want to buy a FDE 16. I've searched online most seem to be out of stock, back order or not the FDE model. I've also check the sponsors on here and came to the same results. So does anyone have some suggestions on where to look or where to buy? I also want to let you guys know that I currently reside in California so the shop or site would need to put these "neutering instruments" or in other words CA compliant parts (which I have readily available to ship to said shop/site). I found one place that could do it for my but if be spending $2,700 OTD, now is that a good price because I've seen a few in CA that go for $2,9-$3,000 OTD (CA State tax is ridiculous)? What price/ price range should I be looking at and is a good deal? I just want to add that the shop I'm referring to also does "middle man" transfers which they do for CA buyers, that will only be done if the shop/site that I buy the 16 from will not install the compliant parts for me. So basically if I can't get the shop/ site to install the part and send the 16 to a FFL near me it'll get sent to them just to install them, then after that will be sent to a FFL near me.

Now if I didn't loose you guys in the CA "run-a-rounds" aka BS! Can you guys help a FN member out(pun intended)!

Me a buddy just bought ours at MTG in Sacramento. Might want to give them a call.
    natethegr8 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    Me a buddy just bought ours at MTG in Sacramento. Might want to give them a call.
    Thanks man! I was going to buy my 17s from them but ended up buying it my LGS BNIB with a Geissele. I'll definitely give them a call Monday I'm sure their closed tomorrow. Special thanks for your 1st post being one that benefits me and not yourself bro!

Quote Originally Posted by fmxmyway View Post
    I saw one at my local dealer the other day but I think production runs have dried up and everyone is awaiting the influx of freshly minted guns. HKs are becoming dried up too so I dont think it is isolated to FN. Seems kind of common around this time of year but this year especially now that the Obama administration is going for broke. Anyways, good luck dude and congrats on going with the 16, its blows my LWRC piston AR out of the water.
    How exactly does it blow your lwrc out of the water? I have a few lwrc's and am thinking about a 16 so I'm genuinely curious.
    fmxmyway thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    How exactly does it blow your lwrc out of the water? I have a few lwrc's and am thinking about a 16 so I'm genuinely curious.
    Even without a muzzle brake/flash hider it feels similar to a BB gun, minus the loud bang of course. The recoil impulse is much softer than an AR and not as abrupt. You can easily maintain an unobstructed focus doing double taps or close follow up shots without any visual shaking or vibration of the target through the sights. That, paired with a Geissele Super SCAR trigger and it makes for a very smooth and type-writer like shooting experience. Ive owned 3 LWRCs and they are all quality rifles, but the 16 is just a mechanically smoother rifle to shoot.
    jimbo45 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by fmxmyway View Post
    Ive owned 3 LWRCs and they are all quality rifles, but the 16 is just a mechanically smoother rifle to shoot.
    I have owned a number of their rifles as well and I would agree the Scar 16 is a smoother rifle to shoot. I also feel that the Scar is a better balanced rifle. With that said I am looking to pickup a factory SBR AR platform rifle and am pretty sure it's going to be an LWRC IC-A5.
    jimbo45 and fmxmyway thanked this.

I have an LWRC M6A2 SPR and a 16s. Both needed a Geissele trigger although the 16s really needed it a lot more due to the extremely heavy gritty trigger pull. I prefer the LWRC M6A2 SPR over the 16s. It's slightly heavier but much more accrete than the 16s.
    jimbo45 thanked this.

I have one of slashes heavy buffer's in my lwrc spr and there is no recoil whatsoever. Still thinking about 16 though

LWRC does promotions up to 30% off their uppers on Black Friday and Christmas so you may be able to save a little coin btell if your looking to pick up a 10.5 ICA5. I would agree with you samnev on the accuracy; its also a little less bulky so I guess it all depends on what your going to be using the rifle for, my Ldub is set up as an SPR as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links