How is SCAR 16 availability? My Dealer can't get one.....

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: How is SCAR 16 availability? My Dealer can't get one.....

How is SCAR 16 availability? My Dealer can't get one.....

Hi Guys,

I placed an order with my local gun store for a SCAR 16 in FDE the week before Thanksgiving (of 2015). I am located in Eastern PA and this is a large shop that moves a lot of guns and in the past, I have found them to get items in quickly before any other dealers.

The owner is a good guy and told me he has an outstanding order with four distributors for my gun, but still nothing has turned up.

Recently, a friend of mine decided to order a SCAR 17 (after he shot mine, he had to get one). He placed an order at the same shop and they told him the wait may be three or four *months* !

Neither I nor my friend want to go and buy online and pay gouging prices, but I am concerned that it seems SCARS are now so scarce.

Anyone here know what is going on? Is it a regional thing? Are you seeing any in-stock at stores near you? Is the FN SCAR factory on vacation? Has the ATF held the guns at customs?

I would appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks!

Not trying to be rude but did you hear that there is a presidential election going on this year. This election year seems to be consistent with those of the recent past, meaning that demand from customers trying to purchase firearms goes up and instead of supply increasing (which is what us customers would like) the prices go up and the supply is limited. Basically dealers are trying to get more money for the same product due to increased desire. yes it sucks because as customers we are on the losing end of this deal and I am in the same boat as you I have a 17s and want to buy a 16s but I don't want to pay an outrageous price to get it.

if you look at the firearms business as a whole right now this is occurring across the entire market. Places that normally have certain firearms are sold out and the places that do have them are asking more money. If you can wait it out like myself then don't feed their greed. But if your impatient expect to pay a premium.

I am very well aware of the political situation, and this isn't my first rodeo. I saw AR's that were $850 priced at $1900 the next day after the Clinton Assault Weapon ban passed in '94 and guys were lined up to buy them.

My Scar 16 is already paid for. My dealer locked in the price and thought I would have it within a week. If you recall, the San Bernadino shooting happened on "Black Friday" after Thanksgiving, so I am sure that didn't help matters.

I was just hoping that someone who had some actual insight to FN's production schedule and importation practices might shed some light. I see there is a similar thread on availability of Scar 17's and someone mentioned it was due to SHOT show and that things may get better after that.

I am content to wait - My dealer is one of the top 25 sellers on Gunbroker and in the past got me stuff no one else could (like an original Benelli M4 "H20" one of 300 the ATF allowed in before they changed their mind). So I know if he can't get his hands on inventory, it is likely no one else can and I was just hoping to find out when that might change.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

My first suggestion is always to use Wikiarms (a Forum sponsor) to look for what's available:

https://www.wikiarms.com/guns?q=FN+scar+16

They currently show four available from different dealers for prices ranging from $2300 to $2800.

Then there's always Gunbroker.com...

Good luck - and a good time with your new SCAR 16.
    Retired USAF MSgt
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Front Sight Ambassador Member
    Rocky Mountain Gun Owners Association
    Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Don't Kalifornicate Colorado! (Too Late)

One on GB right now at 2200, reserve met. That is right at whole sale.

I saw one at my local dealer the other day but I think production runs have dried up and everyone is awaiting the influx of freshly minted guns. HKs are becoming dried up too so I dont think it is isolated to FN. Seems kind of common around this time of year but this year especially now that the Obama administration is going for broke. Anyways, good luck dude and congrats on going with the 16, its blows my LWRC piston AR out of the water.

I'm in the same exact predicament. I bought a Ruger AR556 and decided to add the 16S for as a premium rifle to the collection but no gunshop in my area has it stocked. I occasionally see the 17s but never the 16s.

Apparently armsunlimited has it in stock but looking at their reviews, highly unlikely. The wait continues...

Quote Originally Posted by saizou View Post
    Apparently armsunlimited has it in stock but looking at their reviews, highly unlikely. The wait continues...
    Been happy with every order from ArmsUnlimited I've ever made.

I've been wanting a second one for a few months now and same thing, dealer can't get one.

We must be between production runs, or something. Seems counter intuitive for a company to have customers lined up to buy, yet they don't put out the product.

Here's a black 16s. It's an agency trade in though
    FN SCAR 16s

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links