Magpul and FN Scar 16

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Magpul and FN Scar 16

I know some people are asking about the magpul MIAD Grip beingable to fit on a SCAR well here is a picture I found that shows a FN SCAR with a MIAD and a FDE P-Mag on it. Here you go http://www.magpul.com/pics/scaredpmag.jpg

Member Hits The Target
    Wow... MagPul never ceases to amaze me. I mean I knew the Pmags were awesome for reliability and durability, but their edible too!

What a great idea!

Now I need to ask the local FN rep if the SCAR's polymer lower is edible too. I grew up eating Cap'n Crunch so it probably tastes like the peanut butter flavored Crunch. :P

That explains why Pmags are so hard to find...

Some people... They want their Pmag and eat it too...

Glad to see the MIAD fits on the SCAR too!

Member Hits The Target
    WHAT?!?!?!
    Looks like Magpul got one of those screwed up, mismatched .mil SCARs

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (blue shirt)
    Its not messed up. It is a third generation SCAR like the ones you see on the AAC website. I would attach a pic to show you but evidently I'm stupid and can't figure out how to. : (
    May God grant us the wisdom to discover the right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (GOLD SHIRT)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanranger
    Its not messed up. It is a third generation SCAR like the ones you see on the AAC website. I would attach a pic to show you but evidently I'm stupid and can't figure out how to. : (
    Sarcasm>spartanragner

Eh, I like the stock grips. I did just get a shipment of FDE windowed magpul mags in today, just because. I'll probably stick with using my HK mags anyway, but for photo ops, I'll toss in the pmags.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    What exactly is a "third Generation SCAR"??? How does it differ from the 16S (aside from the F/A FCG of course)??
    I see that one in the pic above has "EX16 MOD" stamped on it. Never seen that before.
    ????

Almost looks like the rear sling plate is one big hole, but not sure????

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo
    What exactly is a "third Generation SCAR"??? How does it differ from the 16S (aside from the F/A FCG of course)??
    I see that one in the pic above has "EX16 MOD" stamped on it. Never seen that before.
    ????

Almost looks like the rear sling plate is one big hole, but not sure????
    EX16 MOD mean it is the experimental version of the Mk. 16 MOD 0 series.

Third gen, means it is the third in a series of experimental/prototype weapons. Some noticeable features from 1st gen to 3rd gen:
    Change to M16 style trigger group/pistol grip, raised portion around mag release, and flared magwell. I think the buttstock was also modified a bit in there (size of it).
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    Well I just got through trying to fit one of my MIAD's onto my SCAR and it doesn't fit.
    It slides up to the SCARs lower, but the flat surface down inside of the MIAD grip is too high, and must be milled down shorter for the MIAD to work. You see, the MIAD cannot slide up close enough towards the receiver, without modification to the "flat" inside of the MIAD grip. (This "flat" is the flat that seats up against the pistol grip "lug" area that sticks off the receiver of an M4 or the SCAR).
    Just for clarification, this would be the only modification necessary with the standard backplate.
    IF you were to want to use the backplate with the "hump" at that fits in the webbing between your thumb and forefinger, additional mods to this backplate would also be necessary to match the contour of the SCARs lower receiver. (this is the "humped" back plate that you usually see guys using on their M4's)
    SO, one must considerably modify their MIAD grip in order for it to work.
    However, I'm betting Magpul will address this issue soon, if they haven't already, but as for now, the original MIAD grips that have been around so long do not fit onto the SCAR...

Do P-Mags work with the SCAR?

I've heard two answers, but now that the rifles are out there, I'm hoping there's a more trustworthy one.

--Fargo007

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007
    Do P-Mags work with the SCAR?

I've heard two answers, but now that the rifles are out there, I'm hoping there's a more trustworthy one.

--Fargo007
    You'll still hear 2 answers. Some have worked and some haven't from what I've heard. Typically, the newest ones work.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links