FN SCAR 17 Lower Advice

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: FN SCAR 17 Lower Advice

FN SCAR 17 Lower Advice

Hey all. First off, want to say thank you to all of you, I've read a lot of threads on here and it was a huge help when I had a question about the SCAR. As you can probably tell by now, I'm new here. Looking forward to learning a lot and giving some insight here and there.

So I just want some thoughts on something. I've been thinking about swapping out my lower receiver to one by HANDL Defense or the SE SEAL. I've tried to looking for current forums and thoughts on it but they seem outdated. So I thought I would get some current information on it. If anyone has the products. Their experience, customer service with the company, and overall honest thoughts. Money is not an issue as I put away every week for my "gun fund".

The main reason is for the magazine compatibility. I'd like to be able to run 20-25 round PMAGS or other mags as well. The FN Mags are awesome..but a bit pricey. I know I know. The amount I would put in for the lower would not justify the mag cost. But its also for the ability to run 25 round magazines. If anyone has any other ideas/suggestions by all means. Go for it. Any feedback is good feedback.

P.S. I'll include a picture also of the SCAR for any constructive criticism.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Danny4u923 thanked this.

I haven't "pulled the trigger" on it yet but I'm going to get their magnesium lower. It's a bit pricier, but only 2 oz heavier than the original polymer one is as good as it gets. I'd go for the lightest offering possible, assuming like me, this is your GTW gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    That "drum" mag on the SCAR17 on their site must weigh a ton, or at least twice what the SCAR weighs......
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Looks good. I would get an offset mount for RDS. Its awfully high.
    Danny4u923 thanked this.

What's the intended use of the rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by elpeligroso View Post
    Assuming you got it for yours. What is your experience with it. Also I have a Geiselle Super SCAR trigger I haven't installed yet to wait for the new lower and do it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
    What's the intended use of the rifle?
    I was thinking short to medium range. 0-600 yard really. IDK if i want to go longer for the simple fact that I want this to be my go to rifle, SHTF rifle especially now. I'm getting a .30WM later on in the year, that should cover the 600+.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCAR16 View Post
    Looks good. I would get an offset mount for RDS. Its awfully high.
    Thanks for the feedback, Ive been thinking that as well. Im looking into getting a different scope for it that would eliminate the use for the RDS. Maybe a leupold or vortex razor. Something around 1-6x. But im going down to South PA in about 3 weeks to my friends farm and going to test it out and see if it is practical or not. Seems to be at the range, but we'll see how it is down there when I'm able to move more and have a bit more freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by devildog999 View Post
    I haven't "pulled the trigger" on it yet but I'm going to get their magnesium lower. It's a bit pricier, but only 2 oz heavier than the original polymer one is as good as it gets. I'd go for the lightest offering possible, assuming like me, this is your GTW gun.
    Might i ask which one your going for? The one listed above? or the SE SEAL, HANDL Defender? Money for me isn't an issue, well at least for upgrading the lower. I just want to know which one people have dealt with and been please with. There are mixed reviews on both so I'm skeptic also to just pull the trigger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links