Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Review goes over the SCAR 17

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree57Thanks

Thread: Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Review goes over the SCAR 17

Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Review goes over the SCAR 17

Chris Bartocci worked for Colt for some time, and wrote the manual for it. He seems to be an AR expert, and has much insight on weapons programs. His credentials are excellent. That being said, I think he isn't familiar enuff on the SCAR rifle itself. He is knowledgeable on the introduction of the SCAR to the military, but not as familiar as our Forum members with the rifle I'd say.

I wish he would have gone over a few more things regarding the SCAR. It's not as complete as could be. It's a long vid, and doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know, but he does shed a little light on the SCAR program, why, how it was introduced, and why the 16 was not continued. If you haven't heard of this guy yet, he's a fairly new channel to you tube, and my guess is, he's gonna be the next household name regarding you tube channels. I would recommend watching his LMT review. He is absolutely an AR expert. He has what seems to be rare insight into weapons programs for the military. He explains some small details I wasn't fully aware of very well. His channel is worth viewing just to know who he is. There's a Who is Chris Bartocci vid where he gives a run down on his rather impressive background.
    mjk1, macman1138, hillbillyjim and 4 others thanked this.

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Full of technical errors and false statements.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Full of technical errors and false statements.
    Yes, I've heard some mistakes on some of his vids. It's unfortunate too. I believe he's knowledgeable on the AR platform, his experience is pretty extensive in that arena. He doesn't hide the fact he's trying to expand his channel large enough to make money on it. I've watched about 8 or 10 of his vids. It seems he's getting firearms, doing basic research, shooting a few rounds, and doing a review as if it were an expert opinion. I think it takes more than one sample of each firearm, and more than a trip to the range to make a decent assessment...and then still not necessarily an expert opinion. I give him clout on the AR platform, and I could be wrong, but he has some good AR vids. He goes into pretty good detail on the LMT. He gives a good vid on the history of the AR, and I've learned some stuff regarding various competing firearms for military contracts. But I don't personally know how accurate it is. I've been believing that aspect of his information tho, just because of his extensive firearms background. He throws out names of "in the loop" people like he has first hand knowledge of them. When I first found his channel, I thought it was awesome. But after watching more vids, I've found errors in his assessments myself regarding some other firearms that aren't AR's. Either way, he's making quite a splash in the firearms community on you tube. I've read the comments, and very few have made any call outs regarding incorrect information. I almost did. I just didn't feel good about leaving a negative comment, figured leave it be...He has a part two of the SCAR 17 coming out regarding accessorizing the SCAR. I'll watch it, but I already know where he's going with it, and I'm afraid his channel is gonna bomb after part two. A person can get away with a little misinformation, but when it comes to the SCAR..well...I think it could ruin a person's reputation a credibility. Some firearms you have to get right. I was really pulling for his success when I first found his channel, and still am I guess, but must admit I have some reservations upon further viewing. He does live streaming of questions and answers, and he solicits for money to support his channel Maybe that's ok, but it's a turn off for myself. Unless he gets a ton of call outs on inaccurate information though, I see this man's channel expanding rapidly. I think he's going to get pretty popular, along the lines of Hickok 45 and James Yeagar. Agree with them or not, they are popular you tube channels that make money. I find Hickok wrong on information routinely, but he carries himself in a conservative way, never claiming to be an authority or expert. We'll see where Bartocci's channel goes. I could be wrong, but I think ppl will view his channel as viable information. Myself, I have recognized mistakes. Regarding his accuracy regarding the military's weapons programs and competitions, I truly don't have the knowledge to know if he is correct or not. I had never posted a vid or link on the forum before, and wanted to learn how to do it. It was my project for the night. I needed something to post, and figured most ppl hadn't heard of his channel, so I chose this vid he did - being the FN forum and it's a SCAR vid. I know it's not the world's greatest thread lol, but learning how to navigate the forum better will help me contribute more. Too many times I've found something I wanted to share with the forum, but wasn't sure on how to post a link...and didn't want to start a thread without the link appearing.
    LESTER, macman1138 and SabrWolf thanked this.

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    His video on the KAC SR25 and LMT MWS weapons was plagued with the same - false statements and errors. It seems anybody with a video camera and access to the internet can do the same which is unfortunate for anyone new to the various platforms as they stumble across videos like this and come away with less than accurate information only to parrot the same.
    Smurky, macman1138 and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

Nothing good in life is free.

Free advices are just that. If people actually take Youtube videos as gospel then that's their personal problems.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    His video on the KAC SR25 and LMT MWS weapons was plagued with the same - false statements and errors. It seems anybody with a video camera and access to the internet can do the same which is unfortunate for anyone new to the various platforms as they stumble across videos like this and come away with less than accurate information only to parrot the same.
    Kakashi66218 and macman1138 thanked this.

I post part 2, only because u guys seem to value his opinion so much...lol

No wonder that lower went under. Wow. Just wow. They really did not have a clue in hell and it showed.
    macman1138, BigBuckeyeGuy and STL thanked this.
    "Why should I or the NRA go sit down with a group of people who have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment?"- Wayne LaPierre

"Just enjoy the time you have left before that dreaded knock comes. Get jiggy with a chick, say "later" to all your buds, give mom a hug. Don't go near dad. He'll slap you like a fool."

Ok... I'm not impressed. Like noted in previous posts, less then accurate info. It's just more fodder for the haters.
    macman1138 and STL thanked this.

I agree, not a spot on vid...I'm posting regarding his you tube channel more than regarding the SCAR. I detect some negative vibes ahahahaha. You tube vids are just that...you tube vids. It's like anything on the internet, you have to sift thru what to believe and what not to believe. How many of us here haven't watched vids on various firearms ? Has anyone found a single channel that is 100% spot on ? Ughhhh, that would be a resounding NO ! And the same holds true for forums...fnfalman, if u know some place where I can get only good, concise, reliable information, please share it with me...I assure u I will give it my full attention. At the end of the day, most ppl, myself included, when we are interested in a firearm, we research it...that includes watching you tube vids on it. And some new comers to the firearms world don't know any better, and believe these vids as to be gospel. But more experienced ppl, like on this forum, know it's just one part of a puzzle. And there is no one individual place that can really give you an absolute thumbs up or thumbs down on every firearm out there. The firearms world is an expensive one. Do your research, knowing information obtained may be right or wrong - try to verify it - or do as much homework that u are willing to do before making a purchase or forming an opinion. At the end of the day, it's going to come down to making the purchase, and seeing if it performs as you want it to for the wants and or needs you have. I find there are strengths and weaknesses to each firearm. Trade offs, such as weight versus usability, accuracy vs reliability, etc...For me, you tube is as much for entertainment as it is for information. When I see misinformation, the question I ask myself, is...Is it intentional ? Do they know they are wrong and just trying to sell a product ? What is the motivation behind it ? If they don't know any better they are just wrong. If they know they're wrong, and out right lying, I would take that in a more disgruntled way. And....ANNNND, how would we know if they are intentionally lying. Most times we'll never know. I find Bartocci's channel to be so so. I think he's trying, and believe's he correct, but his information regarding the SCAR seems limited. I wish he would have looked a little deeper into Handl Defense, and spoke of their rocky start, and some of the complaints lodged against them. Regarding the aluminum butt stocks for the SCAR 17...at least he knew there was an issue with them. But he said shooters not using suppressors or full auto would probably not have any problem with it. Well, that's been proven wrong here on this forum, and by myself personally. Regarding the magnesium lower, I really don't know about it. I do know there were reports of fitment issues regarding Handl's aluminum lowers a couple three years back. But I've also heard good reviews on them in the last year or so. I own a S.E.A.L lower, so I can't speak first hand of it. Regarding the magnesium lower helping the harmonics of the rifle to reduce stress on optics, man that's the first I've heard that one, and I haven't a clue as to it's validity. But as I've heard some incorrect information on some of his other vids, I won't take that as gospel. I almost feel an obligation to dispute things in the comment section, but who am I ? I shall refrain. I'm just an average guy who likes firearms. I enjoy shooting, and feel my personal protection, and my immediate family's falls foremost with myself. Therefore, I find myself on a couple of forums and watching some you tube vids. So I'm not hating on the SCAR by posting these vids, gees it's my favorite rifle for pete's sake. So if this vid offends you, post a comment under it and let him know...If my posting it offends you...I don't care ahahahaha. Tuff cookies gentlemen !
    SabrWolf and macman1138 thanked this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links