FN Herstal Firearms banner

Get 'em while they're hot....

16K views 76 replies 36 participants last post by  Aging Disgracefully 
#1 ·
#17 ·
If I could afford a second Scar 17S rifle, I would do this 20" barrel with a KDG MREX 6.5" and mount a nice scope on it. That would be hotness, but my gun buying is over for this year after this first Scar 17S, accessories, and Elcan scope. Regardless, I wonder if FN will end up offering a 20" version from the factory later this year or next year?

Reactions: Lefty32
#21 ·
As much as I'd love to for the retail value I haven't missed what I was shooting at to 500 yards. I would really like to but my daughter proceeds Extended barrel. I want but I don't need it.

#26 ·
Waiting to see if they still have one after someone has installed and provided pics and a range report... I'll probably get one at some point if they are still available. I'm just on the fence about the benefits. While I'd like to add it to go with my FN pile... I think the 20" will be slightly unwieldy on my set up, and with my preference of extended rail... I've lost on the quick change ability. With that said you need something to cover that barrel length or the gun looks a bit off.

#27 ·
It's just good to see them available...choices and all that. People have have been clamoring for these as far back as I can remember.

Now, It would be pretty pointless for me to get one, given the distances at which I regularly shoot. It would be kind of like buying an RV for trips up and down the driveway. :mrgreen:

I also noticed the 18" barrel for the 16. I didn't even know that was a thing.

#29 ·
For semi-terrible shooters, a flattened trajectory on reliable a semi-auto with an awesome trigger CAN offer some benefits, no?
It may be able to level out the playing field against an average boltgunner on an opposing side of a hill.

Punches in bunches philosophy.
Give them the Stockton slap.

#32 ·
I guess one of the things that holds me back is not being able to swap barrels and optics as a unit. That is the one place where I think the AR has the advantage. When I would want a 20" barrel, I would want an optic with a 16-20x upper end range. On the 16" I like my ACOG. Maybe I am off base, but I have concerns about a interchangeable barrel and a quick detach mount on a high power scope having the repeat-ability it would need. I hope some of you guys here try something like this with your new barrels and can report back that it is a non issue.

#42 ·
Boiyoiyoiyoioiyoiyoinnnnggggg!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.