Muzzle device adhesive - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Muzzle device adhesive

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    When properly applied and the muzzle device installed, Rocksett will not fail. It requires a tremendous amount of sheer force to break the bond. On Mk17 barrels, it requires the use of a 3' cheater bar after soaking in 200° water for 2 hours to remove the ECP hider. The ECP hiders installed on commercial barrels offered by FN as a replacement such as the 13" CQC and 20" LB variants do not have thread locking compound present.
    So If you want to remove a muzzle device with rocksett, you have to do all that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 300blkout View Post
    So If you want to remove a muzzle device with rocksett, you have to do all that?

You meaning me? Yes, it's all in a day's work. If you love what you do, it isn't work at all and you look forward to it every day. If you mean yourself, only you can answer that question. If you feel it's too much of a hassle, then of course you'd view it as too much of a hassle and would likely seek to hire someone to do the task for you.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    So it depends on how much you use. If you coat all the treads thickly then you might not be able to get it off at all.

AAC from the factory rocksetts their brakes on the factory SBR's, we used so much force with twisted the gas tube. Others have to be cut off because so much was used.

Moral of the story use a little and proper torque and you are good to go. You will not destroy your barrel.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    You meaning me? Yes, it's all in a day's work. If you love what you do, it isn't work at all and you look forward to it every day. If you mean yourself, only you can answer that question. If you feel it's too much of a hassle, then of course you'd view it as too much of a hassle and would likely seek to hire someone to do the task for you.
    Hahahaha wow, I don't look at it as "work" I was asking if all those steps were required...you made me laugh, thank you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    So it depends on how much you use. If you coat all the treads thickly then you might not be able to get it off at all.

AAC from the factory rocksetts their brakes on the factory SBR's, we used so much force with twisted the gas tube. Others have to be cut off because so much was used.

Moral of the story use a little and proper torque and you are good to go. You will not destroy your barrel.
    Will do, thank you! Happy St Patty's day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links