FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used - Page 11

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Thanks Tree207Thanks

Thread: FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used

Quote Originally Posted by Mdrums View Post
    Are the Handl gas jets not good? Dang I just ordered there set of scar jets too.
    You fell for thier fast talking, FN trashing snake oil advertising. Plus they copied another manufacturer in making those gas screws, which they have done in the past to multiple other manufacturers over and over again.Stick to OEM as they've been beat to hell, plus if something goes wrong with the gun FN won't warranty the weapon as youve altered a critical component. Midwest Gun Works has the screws and are awesome to deal with.
    BigBuckeyeGuy and Mdrums thanked this.
    "Why should I or the NRA go sit down with a group of people who have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment?"- Wayne LaPierre

"Just enjoy the time you have left before that dreaded knock comes. Get jiggy with a chick, say "later" to all your buds, give mom a hug. Don't go near dad. He'll slap you like a fool."

For a SCAR17with factory 16" barrel and a suppressor, any suggestions on the range of jet sizes I should be testing?

Also, couldn't find them on the Midwest Gunworks site. Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeG View Post
    For a SCAR17with factory 16" barrel and a suppressor, any suggestions on the range of jet sizes I should be testing?

Also, couldn't find them on the Midwest Gunworks site. Do you have a link?
    FNH SCAR Gas Control Screw
    Id order 4 jets below stock and start there with the lowest one first. If it still cycles, send the other 3 back and order 2 below the lowest you tested. That was my method and it worked fine, except I ordered a lot of jets because I wanted to try them all and didn't see any write-ups on SBR stuff. There are a couple other jet threads on here somewhere for full size Scars. Make sure to have a small fine screwdriver such as a pen style, or a Long skinny small tip one. If you have a lot of rounds through yours, it may take a bit of penetrating oil or WD40 to loosen. Once the first one comes out, the rest will go in and out easy, and they can be changed in 30 seconds so its easy to do at the range while you're shooting. I installed the smallest at home, put a few rounds into the mag and tested cycling and bolt lock back. Now my Scar won't cycle on suppressed mode unless suppressed, and is much softer both suppressed and unsuppressed with almost no gas in my face.
    Shortdustoff, Smurky and SnowSCAR thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Ugggg this thread makes my head hurt...I run AAC cans on my 16s and 17s, so far have had no issues. Now you guys have me thinking about the whole gas screw thing. Seems crazy for a rifle this pricey to have to change things just for adding a can...

Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    Ugggg this thread makes my head hurt...I run AAC cans on my 16s and 17s, so far have had no issues. Now you guys have me thinking about the whole gas screw thing. Seems crazy for a rifle this pricey to have to change things just for adding a can...
    No weapon design works perfect for every scenario... be happy the SCAR platform allows for quickly changing a jet to dial in a rifle for use with your can. You'd have to change out a gas block for an adjustable one if you wanted to tweak your direct-impingement rifle for similar performance enhancements... it's all relative.
    LESTER, FenixMike and akitainu thanked this.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by diving dave View Post
    Keep in mind, youre likely the LAST concern for FN as their primary concern is military and making sure it always goes BOOM. Many manufacturers "over gas" their weapons to compensate for the least common denominator, dirt, lack of lubrication, and other adverse conditions with hopes they wont get the phone call of "my gun only works sometimes and with brand XYZ ammo". Touching more on that, some offer the adjustable piston to turn down the gas, however the same principal applies that their options are typically make EVERYTHING work average, or make a select group work well and deal with the issues associated with those that don't work. HK went the route of "We approve the OSS Suppressors for use on the MR762, the rest void your warranty", Sig told me to pound sand unless I had Sig ammo and a Sig suppressor, Noveske for a while was testing with the AAC suppressors, so its really a crap shoot on what works "perfectly". With all that in mind, I am THANKFUL that at least the Scar has the ability to change a $5 part to make it cycle perfectly for each individual... no other manufacturer on a piston weapon has that option, and even on a DI gun, only a select few have adjustable gas blocks, none quite as easy and adjustable as the Scar setup. To touch on your personal setup, I have AAC cans as well, and while they are arguably the "quietest", they are also the highest pressure, so you would benefit greatly from adjusting your gas jets, and likely notice a significant recoil and drop in blow back.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    You just can't help yourself, can you. Gotta be petty any chance you get and take a shot as usual. Just because you're not privy to certain information, you feel you're entitled to call me out as making a false statement.

Get a life already and grow up. Nobody cares if you're going to buy X,Y,Z for whatever butthurt reason you can come up with.
    I know to Navy SEALs brother. I doubt either one of those guys can tell me what all their other teammates have done or not done on every mission like you seem to know.

You think I'm butt hurt? This coming from a guy who seems to slam everybody if they are upset about loss of warranty for adding modifications but is the leading designer of modifications for said platform. What a joke. You sell these guys modifications for the scar 17 and then call them stupid for being upset if it changes their warranty status. I've never seen anything like that in my life before.
    Hairlesswookiee thanked this.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

"Errors In Complex Genetic Code Produce More Complexity" - An Atheist
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Morality does not derive from consensus

Liberal thought in any form derives from an inner desire to cover/justify guilt.

Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste/ Right?

My all time favorite forum quote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Originally Posted by akitainu
    As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo, I will have one.

Silencers are the ghey.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
    I know to Navy SEALs brother. I doubt either one of those guys can tell me what all their other teammates have done or not done on every mission like you seem to know.

You think I'm butt hurt? This coming from a guy who seems to slam everybody if they are upset about loss of warranty for adding modifications but is the leading designer of modifications for said platform. What a joke. You sell these guys modifications for the scar 17 and then call them stupid for being upset if it changes their warranty status. I've never seen anything like that in my life before.
    A little over the line there Brett....I don't ever recall Stryker using the term you specified. You are just gonna have to take it at face value that he probably knows more about them than you do. There is an ignore feature and you should utilize it. He is right about one thing, SPOPS personnel do not use auto fire unless using it for suppression fire. These people count on every round that they carry and are not prone to use them carelessly. Whether this is 100% accurate or not is not debatable because neither you, or he, or for that matter I, am privy to every ops that these warriors do. What is undeniable is that he does work with these warriors and has first hand knowledge of what they need and how they use some of their equipment.

I doubt he even thinks a second that you are "butt hurt" or cares. Nor did he slam anyone in this thread. The proof is in the pudding. Screw with the CIVILIAN factory SCAR17 set up and you void your warranty, again here we are not talking accessories, but the operational function of the firearm.

Leading designer...High praise coming from you if you look at it a certain way.....

He don't know everything, you don't know everything and I don't know everything. But each of us knows more about something than the others do. Leave it at that, or carry it into the PM system because nobody wants to see this type of tit for tat in the open, and this applies to both of you.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    A little over the line there Brett....I don't ever recall Stryker using the term you specified. You are just gonna have to take it at face value that he probably knows more about them than you do. There is an ignore feature and you should utilize it. He is right about one thing, SPOPS personnel do not use auto fire unless using it for suppression fire. These people count on every round that they carry and are not prone to use them carelessly. Whether this is 100% accurate or not is not debatable because neither you, or he, or for that matter I, am privy to every ops that these warriors do. What is undeniable is that he does work with these warriors and has first hand knowledge of what they need and how they use some of their equipment.

I doubt he even thinks a second that you are "butt hurt" or cares. Nor did he slam anyone in this thread. The proof is in the pudding. Screw with the CIVILIAN factory SCAR17 set up and you void your warranty, again here we are not talking accessories, but the operational function of the firearm.

Leading designer...High praise coming from you if you look at it a certain way.....

He don't know everything, you don't know everything and I don't know everything. But each of us knows more about something than the others do. Leave it at that, or carry it into the PM system because nobody wants to see this type of tit for tat in the open, and this applies to both of you.
    Brother he hammered people complaining about warranties being voided pretty good. I would consider it condescending and a tad bit hypocritical since he manufactures parts and sells parts that modify and then of course void the warranty of the platform we are talking about. There is no doubt in my mind he knows a lot more special forces guys and I do but I would bet everything I own on the planet that he has absolutely no idea what they do on every mission. Remember he said "NEVER". If he does know what they do on every mission what is he doing selling parts for weapons? He should be at the horse track because he is psychic.

I understand your point about the rules on the scar 17 from FN. However everything affects the operational function of the firearm. If you change the break, trigger, charging handle and especially the entire lower. I've made my point that I disagree but it's not my company and they have every right to do what they want. Them trying to void the warranty for somebody putting a suppressor on their platform is like to Ford voiding the warranty of their pick up trucks if you actually engage all four wheels on a four-wheel-drive. Imagine them putting in their warranty booklet they didn't actually mean for you to flip the switch to four-wheel-drive and if you do the warrantee on your truck is voided. Good grief.
    Last edited by Patton250; 03-20-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

"Errors In Complex Genetic Code Produce More Complexity" - An Atheist

Morality does not derive from consensus

Liberal thought in any form derives from an inner desire to cover/justify guilt.

Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste/ Right?

My all time favorite forum quote.

Originally Posted by akitainu
    As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo, I will have one.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links