FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used - Page 12

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129
Thanks Tree207Thanks

Thread: FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used

  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    171
    Thanked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
    Brother he hammered people complaining about warranties being voided pretty good. I would consider it condescending and a tad bit hypocritical since he manufactures parts and sells parts that modify and then of course void the warranty of the platform we are talking about. There is no doubt in my mind he knows a lot more special forces guys and I do but I would bet everything I own on the planet that he has absolutely no idea what they do on every mission. Remember he said "NEVER". If he does know what they do on every mission what is he doing selling parts for weapons? He should be at the horse track because he is psychic.

    I understand your point about the rules on the scar 17 from FN. However everything affects the operational function of the firearm. If you change the break, trigger, charging handle and especially the entire lower. I've made my point that I disagree but it's not my company and they have every right to do what they want. Them trying to void the warranty for somebody putting a suppressor on their platform is like to Ford voiding the warranty of their pick up trucks if you actually engage all four wheels on a four-wheel-drive. Imagine them putting in their warranty booklet they didn't actually mean for you to flip the switch to four-wheel-drive and if you do the warrantee on your truck is voided. Good grief.
    Technically I don't think they are saying your warranty is voided for running suppressed as much as if a suppressor caused failure occurred, they wont cover it. While Ford wont void your warranty for using 4x4, you can bet they would for using 4x4 to drag race at the track, or jump it off road when something broke. As I said previously, every suppressor is different, and unless they want to call out a specific manufacturer such as Sig and HK did to be "ok to use" on their weapons, it is probably easier just to say suppressing it voids any suppressor related problems. I really don't know of any manufacturer that would cover suppressor related failures, especially if its less than 1% of the recorded failures, and more than likely may have other things contributing to the problem.


  2. #112
    STL
    STL is offline
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    25,260
    Thanked
    11776 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
    Technically I don't think they are saying your warranty is voided for running suppressed as much as if a suppressor caused failure occurred, they wont cover it. While Ford wont void your warranty for using 4x4, you can bet they would for using 4x4 to drag race at the track, or jump it off road when something broke. As I said previously, every suppressor is different, and unless they want to call out a specific manufacturer such as Sig and HK did to be "ok to use" on their weapons, it is probably easier just to say suppressing it voids any suppressor related problems. I really don't know of any manufacturer that would cover suppressor related failures, especially if its less than 1% of the recorded failures, and more than likely may have other things contributing to the problem.
    Don't try to explain anything to those who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and demand to be catered to as a result of their lack of knowledge and as a result, damage their weapon. They're looking to save themselves the burden of having to pay for their mistakes and that is their only motivation.
    Last edited by STL; 03-20-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    Kramer, Sgtpsych and aquaticpig thanked this.

  3. #113
    STL
    STL is offline
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    3rd rock from the Sun
    Posts
    25,260
    Thanked
    11776 times
    Reading is essential and knowledge is beneficial to saving one costly repairs.

    Indolence is still free...

    BBLsheet.jpg

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #114
    Administrator
    FN Supporter
    HK SD9 Tactical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,361
    Thanked
    6352 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
    Brother he hammered people complaining about warranties being voided pretty good. I would consider it condescending and a tad bit hypocritical since he manufactures parts and sells parts that modify and then of course void the warranty of the platform we are talking about. There is no doubt in my mind he knows a lot more special forces guys and I do but I would bet everything I own on the planet that he has absolutely no idea what they do on every mission. Remember he said "NEVER". If he does know what they do on every mission what is he doing selling parts for weapons? He should be at the horse track because he is psychic.

    I understand your point about the rules on the scar 17 from FN. However everything affects the operational function of the firearm. If you change the break, trigger, charging handle and especially the entire lower. I've made my point that I disagree but it's not my company and they have every right to do what they want. Them trying to void the warranty for somebody putting a suppressor on their platform is like to Ford voiding the warranty of their pick up trucks if you actually engage all four wheels on a four-wheel-drive. Imagine them putting in their warranty booklet they didn't actually mean for you to flip the switch to four-wheel-drive and if you do the warrantee on your truck is voided. Good grief.
    He manufactures parts for a wide variation of end users including SWO. I hammer people who gripe about voided warranties too especially when the end use is clearly at fault. Ever since that incident with Frrr3 or whatever his moniker was on the other forum and his "My FiveseveN blew up because it fired out of battery", when we all now know that he used reloaded ammo and destroyed his own firearm. I do not think that FN will void every warranty on every firearm that has a suppressor but they probably and will void a warranty on suppressor caused secondary issues which I what I think this thread is all about - not because I used a suppressor and FN decided to void my warranty.

    As to the word NEVER, come on Brett are you really going to base your argument on the use of the word NEVER? Maybe he is right with the SWO's that he has dealt with and in his experience working with them, they are the ones that said never and he is repeating what he heard. I really do not care but I remember carrying a full auto M16 and being instructed to NEVER use auto fire unless I was in fire suppression mode, which I never was. But I used it a ton of times just blowing away ammo at the range. So was that really NEVER or NEAR NEVER? Never can mean never until one pops up and says, wait a minute, I did. It is really immaterial. He states what he knows and whether you choose to challenge him on it or not is your decision but I am pretty sure there are bigger fish to fry so to speak.

    No, not everything. My sling does not affect the operational function of the firearm. Neither does my ACOG. Neither does my Bipod. So not EVERYTHING affects the operational functioning of the SCAR17. And again we are talking about a single firearm that the warranty was voided for use of a suppressor. Give you 10 to 1 odds that it was the mis-use of a suppressor. I hardly think the originator of this statement is going to come forward with the real deal on this issue.

    The Ford issue....well, I bought a 2009 Ford Escape specifically because it was listed as being able to be towed 4 wheels down. So I set it up to be towed behind my Motor Home and first trip, tranny went out. Towed to a Ford dealership. Refused to repair the tranny under warranty because it was not "serviced" for towing prior to being towed. WTH, there is nothing in the manual about servicing for towing. Ford notified the dealers in a TSB about servicing trannys so they dumped the issue on the local dealership that sold me the car. Local dealership said uh uh....not our problem as Ford was the one that said tow-able 4 wheels down and never mentioned anything about us having to notify anyone of anything in the TSB. See where I am going with this?????? Crap, I'm 2/3rds the way across the country from the dealership.

    He used NEVER, you used EVERYTHING and we have come full circle and still have no resolution for the original subject of this thread that has be hijacked at least 3 times. This really is getting old and has gone on for too long. Use the darn IGNORE feature and it will be like he does not exist instead of constantly bumping heads over little stuff like this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

  6. #115
    Senior Member Patton250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    3,005
    Thanked
    3671 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HK SD9 Tactical View Post
    He manufactures parts for a wide variation of end users including SWO. I hammer people who gripe about voided warranties too especially when the end use is clearly at fault. Ever since that incident with Frrr3 or whatever his moniker was on the other forum and his "My FiveseveN blew up because it fired out of battery", when we all now know that he used reloaded ammo and destroyed his own firearm. I do not think that FN will void every warranty on every firearm that has a suppressor but they probably and will void a warranty on suppressor caused secondary issues which I what I think this thread is all about - not because I used a suppressor and FN decided to void my warranty.

    As to the word NEVER, come on Brett are you really going to base your argument on the use of the word NEVER? Maybe he is right with the SWO's that he has dealt with and in his experience working with them, they are the ones that said never and he is repeating what he heard. I really do not care but I remember carrying a full auto M16 and being instructed to NEVER use auto fire unless I was in fire suppression mode, which I never was. But I used it a ton of times just blowing away ammo at the range. So was that really NEVER or NEAR NEVER? Never can mean never until one pops up and says, wait a minute, I did. It is really immaterial. He states what he knows and whether you choose to challenge him on it or not is your decision but I am pretty sure there are bigger fish to fry so to speak.

    No, not everything. My sling does not affect the operational function of the firearm. Neither does my ACOG. Neither does my Bipod. So not EVERYTHING affects the operational functioning of the SCAR17. And again we are talking about a single firearm that the warranty was voided for use of a suppressor. Give you 10 to 1 odds that it was the mis-use of a suppressor. I hardly think the originator of this statement is going to come forward with the real deal on this issue.

    The Ford issue....well, I bought a 2009 Ford Escape specifically because it was listed as being able to be towed 4 wheels down. So I set it up to be towed behind my Motor Home and first trip, tranny went out. Towed to a Ford dealership. Refused to repair the tranny under warranty because it was not "serviced" for towing prior to being towed. WTH, there is nothing in the manual about servicing for towing. Ford notified the dealers in a TSB about servicing trannys so they dumped the issue on the local dealership that sold me the car. Local dealership said uh uh....not our problem as Ford was the one that said tow-able 4 wheels down and never mentioned anything about us having to notify anyone of anything in the TSB. See where I am going with this?????? Crap, I'm 2/3rds the way across the country from the dealership.

    He used NEVER, you used EVERYTHING and we have come full circle and still have no resolution for the original subject of this thread that has be hijacked at least 3 times. This really is getting old and has gone on for too long. Use the darn IGNORE feature and it will be like he does not exist instead of constantly bumping heads over little stuff like this.
    Ok man. Sorry about your Escape. That stinks.

    Have a a good night.
    HK SD9 Tactical and aquaticpig thanked this.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
    - General George S Patton

    "Errors In Complex Genetic Code Produce More Complexity" - An Atheist
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


    Morality does not derive from consensus

    Liberal thought in any form derives from an inner desire to cover/justify guilt.


    Morality is nothing more than expressions of people's personal taste/ Right?

    My all time favorite forum quote.


    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Originally Posted by akitainu
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo, I will have one.

  7. #116
    Member Mdrums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    Posts
    65
    Thanked
    31 times
    Lol...I did act a little too fast on this purchase. I saw of the Facebook fn SCAR forum a few posts about these...sofor $24 I figured it's cheap. I'll get some of the fn scar jets from Midwest Gun Works too....wonder if Handl excepts return to credit me card...lol

  8. #117
    Member Mdrums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    Posts
    65
    Thanked
    31 times
    Update...got an email early last week from Handl saying they can't deliver the SCAR gas jets right now. I contacted them and said ok just cancel the order and credit my card you charged. They cancelled the order but all last week excuses about not crediting my card. So I have disputed the charge.

    So I called Mid West Gun Works to see about which few of SCAR Gas Jets I should buy. I was told they don't know because they said FN tunes each SCAR and the gas jet the stock riffle ships with can be all over the place.

    id really like to talk to some one at FN about what they think and/or find out who is the top SCAR knowledgeable gunsmith for suggestions.

    Good news is Dead Air swapped out my Dead Air Brake for the SCAR Flash Hider. They strongly suggested to use the Flash Hider instead of a Brake. No install instructions came with it....nothing said about torque number or if the KKB washer should be used. So I called Dead Air and was told just clean muzzle threads good and torque to 25-30ft lbs. Hummm..ok

    i also received my Geiselle Suppressor Alignment Rod too.

    so.... any suggestions on doing this absolutely correct is highly appreciated....thanks! Mike
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

  9. #118
    Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Jeremy M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,200
    Thanked
    2604 times
    That is pretty much all there is to it. I personally torque my 30 cal rifles to 35ft lbs. and have never had any issues. Make sure the jam nut is off and the threads are clean and you should be good to go.

    Either use Rocksett or don't it's up to you. Loctite is a waste of time so don't even bother.
    akitainu, Mdrums, Pennyless and 1 others thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    512-931-4556

  10. #119
    Senior Member IKEWarrior04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,559
    Thanked
    970 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrums View Post
    Update...got an email early last week from Handl saying they can't deliver the SCAR gas jets right now. I contacted them and said ok just cancel the order and credit my card you charged. They cancelled the order but all last week excuses about not crediting my card. So I have disputed the charge.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    BigBuckeyeGuy, Mdrums and aquaticpig thanked this.
    "Why should I or the NRA go sit down with a group of people who have spent a lifetime trying to destroy the Second Amendment?"- Wayne LaPierre

    "Just enjoy the time you have left before that dreaded knock comes. Get jiggy with a chick, say "later" to all your buds, give mom a hug. Don't go near dad. He'll slap you like a fool."

  11. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    94
    Thanked
    50 times
    How long is the warranty on the SCAR anyway?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FN's warranty
    By vandelescrow in forum FN PS90
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 09:24 PM
  2. warranty?
    By mayorbilk in forum FN FNP
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
  3. Warranty process?
    By Jim1973 in forum FNAR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
  4. Warranty cards
    By ShipWreck in forum Handgun Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 11:26 PM
  5. FNP Warranty
    By texaspyro21 in forum FN FNP
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Search tags for this page

fn scar 17 bcg locking up

,

scar 17 gas valve settings for suppressor

Click on a term to search for related topics.