FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree220Thanks

Thread: FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used

Call or email Dead Air. I have a Sandman S on my 17s. I began with the stock MB and it wouldn't install correctly even with the KBA shoulder. Called Dead Air and they are developing a flash hider that times off the muzzle designed specifically for the 17s. They sent me one and I sent them back my MB. Awesome service. The FH went on in minutes without a hitch, perfect.
    Mdrums thanked this.

Sad showing from FN. Definitely expect better. Default customer service answer that needs escalation within the company. Very much expect top tier manufacturers to stand behind their products. Changing an aftermarket part does not automatically void an entire warranty, especially on non-associated parts. Federal law - the Magnuson-Moss Act - specifically sets out some customer protections in this arena.

in the event that the original gentlemen is reading this - publicity is your friend if escalation doesn't help. Go to Truth About Guns or similar publications with your story to help put pressure on. It's a sad reality but sometimes companies won't do the right thing unless they are getting pressure.

I have six FN firearms and would dump them all if the company put out a statement that they don't support the use of suppression on their platforms.
    Last edited by Performify; 03-16-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    ivan51, 1KPerDay, Mntsnow and 2 others thanked this.
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
    + FN SCAR 17s (FDE) - Primary Arms Platinum 1-8x in ADM Delta mount
    + FN SCAR 16s SBR (FDE) - TA31H-G ACOG in ARMS mount, 10" Barrel
    + FNX .45-Tactical (FDE) - Trijicon RM06 FDE RMR, FDE Surefire X300U
    + FN TPS - cerakoted gray, Primary Arms Red Dot (Gen3 Multi-Reticle)
    + FN P-12

Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    Just spoke with Rod at Dead Air and he is swapping me out for the Dead Air Flash SCAR 17 Flash Hider. Awesome service from Dead Air....Thanks so much for this info!
    Mike
    Jeremy M., akitainu and Patton250 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Performify View Post
    I have six FN firearms and would dump them all if the company put out a statement that they don't support the use of suppression on their platforms.
    Too late. Besides they don't care because they got your money already.

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Drama.

Modify your personal vehicle by installing custom rims, a turbocharger, reprogram the ECM, etc. and you'll void the factory warranty AND if you don't declare the modifications to your insurance carrier and they will deny you coverage in the event of an accident or worse.

Any firearms manufacturer that understands people are capable of screwing things up such as firing a hot dog through a 12 gauge shotgun just because the hot dog was laying there and the shotgun was handy, or the guy who used GORILLA GLUE FOR LUBE and glued his pistol to the point of seizure, will take the same position. Until people stop doing stupid things, every firearms manufacturer should err on the side of caution.

At times it seems as though people ask questions in order to justify their stupidity and look for someone else to blame for their foolishness. If I modify my personal weapon, I own it if it breaks, not the manufacturer due to the simple fact that I'm an adult and take responsibility for my actions.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Drama.

Modify your personal vehicle by installing custom rims, a turbocharger, reprogram the ECM, etc. and you'll void the factory warranty AND if you don't declare the modifications to your insurance carrier and they will deny you coverage in the event of an accident or worse.
    While I agree that people on fb group is taking this incident overboard, in my experience car warranty isn't voided that easily. Simply having any aftermarket parts in a vehicle isn't sufficient reason for the manufacturer to reject any warranty coverage, they would have to prove that the modification is the cause of the failure.
    17heavy, LargemouthAss and Patton250 thanked this.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    I'm curious how the genius with the Omega managed to trash his SCAR and expects FN to replace whatever it is that's going to cost him $1000.00...
    17heavy thanked this.

Reminds me of the Nissan GT-R with the launch control feature. Use it and you void your warranty. I think it is irresponsible of a company to put a feature on the product but tell your customers you cannot use it, if this in fact the case.
    ivan51, LargemouthAss, rob17 and 1 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by OneQuiet22 View Post
    Reminds me of the Nissan GT-R with the launch control feature. Use it and you void your warranty. I think it is irresponsible of a company to put a feature on the product but tell your customers you cannot use it, if this in fact the case.
    Uber dick move
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Quote Originally Posted by LargemouthAss View Post
    According to the facebook post FN said that the suppressor gas setting is not to be used. I understand that they are not going to warranty a gun with aftermarket parts but it seems to me that a gun with a suppressed gas setting should be able to be suppressed without voiding anything. Considering there was a recent recall of SCARs due to improperly hardened bolt carriers and the damaged rifle had a burr in the bolt carrier which was preventing the bolt from moving freely, this looks from the outside like an issue with FN quality control that they are trying to dodge.
    That is not a suppressor setting. it is for adverse conditions. like shooting a lot and needs extra gas to function
    Mdrums and HK SD9 Tactical thanked this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links