FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree220Thanks

Thread: FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used

Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, Marriott and Hilton hotels

FN Voids Warranty if Suppressor Used

I was on the Scar Facebook page and a guys bolt locked up on his SCAR17 when using his Sico Omega. He sent the rifle back to FN and they voided his warranty and wanted $1000 to fix. FN says the SCAR is not designed to use suppressed and changing the stock muzzle brake voids the warranty.

can you believe this!?!?

i know plenty of SCAR rifles have been used suppressed over the years and on the battlefield.

so with that said...I just got my tax stamp for my Dead Air Sandman L. It comes with the Dead Air Brake so the Sandman L can install on the rifle. The gun shop installed the brake for me and used the stock jam nut. Now I've read on this forum not to use the stock jam nut.

Can someone one point me in the correct direction on if I should install the Dead Air FLASHHIDER.....instead of the Dead Air BRAKE?
    macman1138 thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrums View Post
    I was on the Scar Facebook page and a guys bolt locked up on his SCAR17 when using his Sico Omega. He sent the rifle back to FN and they voided his warranty and wanted $1000 to fix. FN says the SCAR is not designed to use suppressed and changing the stock muzzle brake voids the warranty.

can you believe this!?!?
    Yes! once you start adding aftermarket accessories the warranty is void
    hillbillyjim, Smurky, akitainu and 1 others thanked this.

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Any change from stock MAY cause warranty denial.

Jeremy at Silencer Shop can answer your question on the brake or flash hider.
    BigBuckeyeGuy and macman1138 thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Theoretically- would that apply to tigger upgrade, honestly speaking ?

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    Yes! I would put it back in to stock configuration before sending anything back for service!
    Troublesx10, bwhiz, Smurky and 6 others thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    yes. from a company (fnh) pov its understandable. the end user is replacing, on their own, oem parts with parts and combinations of parts fnh has no control over. when the us military fields a scar with a suppressor the parts are installed by fnh certified armorers using approved parts.

Mdrums said his gunsmith used the oem jam nut to install a suppressor adapter... perfect example of uncertified people creating a configuration that can damage the firearm on use. why should any company warranty a product that is used or modified in such a maner.

when i modify my guns i certainly do not expect them to be under warranty and i do not expect fnh to fix at their cost my heavily customized scar17 if i blow it up. its a risk i willingly take on my own.

personal responsibility is sorely lacking when we expect others to pay for our mistakes

According to the facebook post FN said that the suppressor gas setting is not to be used. I understand that they are not going to warranty a gun with aftermarket parts but it seems to me that a gun with a suppressed gas setting should be able to be suppressed without voiding anything. Considering there was a recent recall of SCARs due to improperly hardened bolt carriers and the damaged rifle had a burr in the bolt carrier which was preventing the bolt from moving freely, this looks from the outside like an issue with FN quality control that they are trying to dodge.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdrums View Post
    so with that said...I just got my tax stamp for my Dead Air Sandman L. It comes with the Dead Air Brake so the Sandman L can install on the rifle. The gun shop installed the brake for me and used the stock jam nut. Now I've read on this forum not to use the stock jam nut.

Can someone one point me in the correct direction on if I should install the Dead Air FLASHHIDER.....instead of the Dead Air BRAKE?
    Do not use the jam nut. There is a high probability that you would have an endcap or baffle strike on your silencer.

You can use either the flash hider or the brake. However I would recommend the flash hider since it doesn't have to be timed. With the silencer on the gun you will not see a performance issue between the two. Also don't have that "gunsmith" install your muzzle device since he isn't familiar with the platform.
    LESTER, Mdrums, akitainu and 2 others thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, Courtyard, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    I've installed brakes and flash hiders on AR's before but the SCAR is different and I am trying to figure out if the KBA Muzzle Shoulder Ring is really needed to instal my Dead Air Brake or maybe I'll buy the Dead Air Flash Hider too.

Let me know...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    Do not use the jam nut. There is a high probability that you would have an endcap or baffle strike on your silencer.

You can use either the flash hider or the brake. However I would recommend the flash hider since it doesn't have to be timed. With the silencer on the gun you will not see a performance issue between the two. Also don't have that "gunsmith" install your muzzle device since he isn't familiar with the platform.

Here's the exact quote:
    Just had a very pleasant conversation with FN. BCG seized up about a month ago after putting exactly 30 rounds of Fiocchi 147gr factory ammo through a brand new rifle with a SiCo ASR muzzle brake which I made sure was properly timed and an Omega .30 cal can on. Sent it in to have it checked out and just got a call saying that my warranty was voided and I owed them 1000 dollars if I wanted it fixed due to changing the muzzle brake which modified the basic characteristics of the firearm, and that the factory suppressed position is not meant to be used. I've shot thousands of suppressed rounds through my MCX and had not a single issue. Am I off my rocker for being pissed about this?
    He also included a video which simply demonstrated the bolt sticking inside the carrier.
    "And here remain with your uncertainty! Let every feeble rumor shake your hearts! Your enemies, with nodding of their plumes, fan you into despair! Have the power still to banish your defenders; till at length your ignorance, which finds not till it feels, making but reservation of yourselves, still your own foes, deliver you, as most abated captives to some nation that won you without blows!"

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links