Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: ACOG for SCAR 17

Here is the available reticles for the TA11
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by muleycountry View Post
    Do you know what loads that reticle likes through the SCAR?
    Your best bet is to call Trijicon and talk with a rep.

I roll my own and I use 175gr projectiles so I am set up for a zero with this particular load. Like you, I have long range shooters so I do not go out further than 300 meters with my setup on the SCAR. Next time I go out to the 1000 meter range, I tug it along to see how it works with the BDC and my loads.
    Smurky and macman1138 thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

I use the 4x32 TA01B, and I can consistently hit 18" plates all day at 600y using the BDC without a problem, with whatever ammo I have on-hand. Haven't shot any further than that, and I couldn't tell you what the spread is, but ACOG's are built for killing men, not paper.

At 9.9oz, it's fairly light compared to what I see other folks using.
    Support Gunner and macman1138 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum. See if your local range might let you try an ACOG or two out before you purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuckeyeGuy View Post
    Welcome to the forum. See if your local range might let you try an ACOG or two out before you purchase?
    I would, but unfortunately only one gun store around here has one single ACOG and it's a 4x32 with the 223 reticle. I can't find anywhere that carries them for me to look at different models.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of One View Post
    I use the 4x32 TA01B, and I can consistently hit 18" plates all day at 600y using the BDC without a problem, with whatever ammo I have on-hand. Haven't shot any further than that, and I couldn't tell you what the spread is, but ACOG's are built for killing men, not paper.

At 9.9oz, it's fairly light compared to what I see other folks using.
    How does it do within 50 yards for close moving targets?

How does it do within 50 yards for close moving targets?
    I don't hunt, so I've not shot any moving targets at that range. However, running and gunning during a carbine course? No problem. The ACOG excels in CQ engagements.
    macman1138 thanked this.

I would, but unfortunately only one gun store around here has one single ACOG and it's a 4x32 with the 223 reticle. I can't find anywhere that carries them for me to look at different models.
    The reticle should compliment the type of shooting you intend to do. For killing those paper targets that mock you at the range, the Crosshair reticle is nice for target work. For fast moving objects, the Chevron, Donut, Horseshoe, etc in the 3.5x35 model would be appropriate. Personally, I believe the Crosshair model fits every role very well.

The chevron is great for close in work. Open both eyes and treat it as a red dot. You can read about it on trijicons website as the bindon aiming concept. It works. I used it on this capacity in the army.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Kakashi66218 and BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

Hello fellow FN owners. New member to the forum here. This is probably just beating a dead horse, but I'm trying to decide on the best model of ACOG to put on my SCAR 17. I have two other rifles for long distance shooting (7mm mag and a 270) so I'm not really in need for my SCAR to be a long distance rifle. I shot one of my buddy's SCAR 16 with an ACOG, but his reticle was Chevron without any BDC. I loved it but have not been able to find any such reticle in my search for an ACOG. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Unless my memory is failing me, it didn't have a compensating reticle. I could be wrong though. Have they ever made such reticle?
    I've looked around out of curiosity, mainly to make sure something wasn't brewed up recently, the ACOG'ish looking devices that have a chevy and no BDC are $100 and below eBay/Amazon Chinese clones. I'm fairly certain with a low margin for error. I've got a TriPower no magnification it's the only trijicon I know of with a chevron that could possibly be mistaken as an ACOG. More bad news it's discontinued, there are a lot of airsoft counterfeits on eBay, just a heads up.

There seems to be a small following that likes the discontinued 1x TriPower, most people actually don't like it. The chevron is under lit for most and the fiber optic coil glows like a hot stovetop burner at night and the tritium is more than half life by now. And they are discontinued.
    LESTER thanked this.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links