Got my Scar 17S Today- seems more Olive color than FDE

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my Scar 17S Today- seems more Olive color than FDE

Finally got my Scar 17s today, and I must admit that when I pulled it out of the box the first thing that struck me was the difference in color from my FDE 16! I didn't have my 16 at the dealer (obviously) but as much as I've shot the 16 I was familiar enough to notice a pretty big difference..

When I got home and pulled out the 16 to compare, there is a definite color difference (ok, for the upper receiver, the plastic parts are the same ) and I would say that the 17 is more olive drab, while the 16 is much more beige/FDE. It doesn't show as well in the pics, but in person it stands out.

Am I disappointed at all? Not in the least bit. I am excited that after all this time (I think I've been waiting years for this one, since I first read about them) and I can't wait to get it to the range to give it a work out! I have a case of .308's ready to go for sighting in and plinking. Range report to follow this weekend!

Now I need a scope and optics to go along with this, I will temporarily have my Aimpoint on it, then plan on doing a ACOG TA11 .308 with a off-set red-dot sight, but I have to save my money up to do that

Here's some pics of my new SCAR, loving it!!

Ok, to prove my point, I took a pic with my Olive drab PS90 in front of the 17s, with the 16 behind it :

Jealous
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Saa-weeet!

Yeah, I noticed the variations in FDE colors when I first looked at the FDE Limited Editions -- tried a Leupold FDE scope on it, and it looked completely weird (almost silver in color); then we tried an EOTech 553 in tan, and it was a completely different color, too.... All the gun shop guys were having fun with the different colors.... That is why they make DuraCoat!

It is still a great looking rifle, but the colors do not even come close to matching. The only thing that did match was the paint on the mag...!

The black ones are still my favorite (by far), but I love the FDE on the 16Ss. It matches so much better.
    Amat victoria curam

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most capable of adapting to change.

-- Charles Darwin, and what he actually wrote about species evolution

I like the fact that they don't match. I went out of the way to ensure it! The different colors camo it and it goes great with this...

"For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know". Anonymous

Wow 101. Your SCAR really does go great with that camo. I can't even see it in that picture!

That's the point...
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know". Anonymous

HOLY SHISH KABOB!!!

AMP Engineering PS90 trigger installation video:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Man Kave PS90 Mag roller install video:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Man Kave PS90 Ext. Mag release install video:

January 2017 OBAMA will leave, with nothing left behind.

Member Hits The Target
    Quote Originally Posted by 101ABN327
    That's the point...
    Holy late reply.....

Better late than never... Aside from that, I saw the following SCAR 17 on Bunbroker and would LOVE to find one like it! The mismatching is SUPURB!!! I want it but his reserve is too high...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links