The MK 20 SSR. Will it become available for civilians?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree16Thanks

Thread: The MK 20 SSR. Will it become available for civilians?

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (RED SHIRT) M@D-M@X's Avatar

The MK 20 SSR. Will it become available for civilians?

Reportedly, USSOCOM has given FN a thumbs up on the MK 20 MOD 0 Sniper Support Rifle (SSR).
    The MK 20 was originally designated as the Sniper Variant of the SCAR Heavy now known as the MK17.

What are the odds of a civilian version making it to the market?
    "Fratres! What we do in life echoes in eternity...."

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    50/50
    American Infidel thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

ORDERS:

AUTHORIZED FN LE/Mil DISTRIBUTOR & 07 LICENSED FIREARM MANUFACTURER

Now Accepting All Major Credit Cards

Senior Member CAN KILL YOU WITH JUST HIS FINGER
    there has been talk of it coming to market. whether or not it does you will just have to email FN and show an interest

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    there has been talk of it coming to market. whether or not it does you will just have to email FN and show an interest
    50/50.

American Infidel and goretro77 thanked this.

ORDERS:

Several of their company reps have stated that they intend to make it commercially available. With their track record of releasing weapons I have no reason to doubt them. As to when, that is anybody's guess.

Stephen

Clint Lynch, formerly with FNH USA, specifically told me that the SSR will be released commercially.

I discussed this in the SCAR 17 sub-forum "STICKY" Thermallator was gracious enough to give to me when I wrote about my trip over the FNH USA for the factory tour where the god people of FNH USA allowed me to shoot the Mk 17 full auto.

FN knows...build it and they will come...with money in hand.

It is just that the boys in uniform get them first.

Saw one in use on Tactical Arms with Larry Vickers - Navy Seal Major sniper banging steel plates at 400+ yards (lazed via Swarovski rangefinder) and he beat the paint right off the steel plates at that range -- "Send it - PING!"

So F'N cool -- shout out to Clint and John S. if they are out there in cyberspace!
    American Infidel and Troublesx10 thanked this.
    Amat victoria curam

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most capable of adapting to change.

-- Charles Darwin, and what he actually wrote about species evolution

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter MrPlink's Avatar
    I think they will. Considering how well the 16 and 17 are doing, why not?

Id say anything saying that it won't be released is just a rumor. Recall the rumors that the 17s wouldn't be released?

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlink
    I think they will. Considering how well the 16 and 17 are doing, why not?

Id say anything saying that it won't be released is just a rumor. Recall the rumors that the 17s wouldn't be released?
    Yeah, I recall the rumors, as one of the dealers I did business with tried pulling that ****. And then he tried gouging me on a preorder SCAR 16S when he finally got them in. Needless to say, I don't support his livelihood any longer.

I believe the SSR will be made available but the price tag will be so high that most of the shooting public aren't going to be willing to cough up that kind of money. The figure that I recall is north of $7K, so I think the SSR will be catering to the smaller market of 'well to do' gun enthusiasts as opposed to the larger, less financially fortunate shooting public.

For me - It's time to rub elbows with the rich and shameless.

I was going to forgo the 17S and wait for the SSR to debut, but after contemplating the increased benefits offered by the SSR platform, I found that (to me) I couldn't justify the projected price over the 17S.

ORDERS:

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (RED SHIRT) M@D-M@X's Avatar
    I certainly hope it does since I feel that it would affect the 17S price, bringing it lower. I would love to start seeing some reviews just to see how it stacks up against AR based models.
    "Fratres! What we do in life echoes in eternity...."

Quote Originally Posted by SgtStrykerUSMC43
    I was going to forgo the 17S and wait for the SSR to debut, but after contemplating the increased benefits offered by the SSR platform, I found that (to me) I couldn't justify the projected price over the 17S.

So what is the projected price for the SSR?
    AMP Engineering PS90 trigger installation video:

Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012, We can CHANGE... WTF!!!

January 2017 OBAMA will leave, with nothing left behind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links