Spikes Tactical Dynacomp .308.. Range Review Up

FN Forum

Spikes Tactical Dynacomp .308.. Range Review Up

I picked up a ST dynacomp to try out on my 17. I have been running an AAC MITER Flash Hider on it which worked great for what it is but decided to try something new. I haven't gotten to the range with it yet so these are just my initial impressions after install. Hopefully this weekend I can test it out

The Dynacomp looks similar to the battlecomp with some minor differences and well less than 1/2 the price for the .308 version.

There is a pre-drilled pin hole at the 6 o'clock in case you want to permanently attach it.

Here it is out of the package

Looking at the thread area it is the 5/8-24 TP

This comp is not designed specifically for the SCAR so it requires the use of the jam nut to index correctly (it comes with a crush washer to use on barrels with a shoulder to index off of. Like the battlecomp there are no ports at the 6 0'clock to aid in muzzle rise.

For the install, I screwed the jam nut on as far as it would go then put then screwed the comp all the way on. Once it hit the jam nut, I backed it off to where I wanted it indexed and then tightened the jam nut against it. super easy 5 min job.

Here is what it looks like installed (in some pics it looks metalic but thats just my camera, it is really a semi-gloss black)

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter

New Comp

Looks great, I look forward to your range results...

Bill

AMP Engineering PS90 trigger installation video:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Man Kave PS90 Mag roller install video:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Man Kave PS90 Ext. Mag release install video:

January 20, 2017 OBAMA will leave, with nothing left behind.

Alright so I got the SCAR to the range to test out the Dyna Comp and my overall impressions is a resounding "Meh".

There is a slight reduction in recoil and muzzle movement but a noticable increase in sound and flash over the AAC flashhider. The muzzle flash was particularly pronounced after some carbon built up in the muzzle device. It was so pronounced towards the end of my range session that I was starting to see the bright orange flash thru the optic. Check out the videos below to see for your self

Overall I'd say better than nothing but I think I'll be putting the AAC back on as the slight positives of the recoil reduction/muzzle control, don't come close to compensating for the flash

Here it is on one of the first strings early on shooting from the standing position. The range has a strict 1 round/ 3 sec rule so I couldn't show you rapid fire results

And here is shooting off a bi-pod later on. Look closely and you will notice the super bright flash on a few of the rounds

Good photography Cam.

Is it burning carbon or unspent powder in the device? What ammo?

That is a funky range. Is it on base?

Ferris,

I'm not sure if its carbon or un-burnt powder, I assumed it is carbon because it doesn't happen every round and on these types of comps (Battle comp, Triple tap), it is fairly common to see an increase in flash the dirtier the comp gets although i didn't expect it to happen with so few rounds.

The ammo was a mix of Radway Green and XM80 (XM80 created the more pronounced flash)

The range is a public range run by the Missouri Dept of Nat'l resources

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter Samer's Avatar
    Thanks for the info and the video.
    "Fight like a man, so you do not have to die like a dog"

Links