FN Herstal Firearms banner

New Barrel options from FN

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  14R 
#1 ·
New to the Forum and couldn't find any details about when new barrels were going to made available. Sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it.

I sent FN an email to ask if they were going to make optional barrels available or not, This is their response

"Thank you for your interest in FN products.

We are currently working on a 13” and 20” barrel for the 17s and anticipate it will be available this fall. Please check our website for updates.

Kind regards,
FNH USA Customer Service"

Fall seems like a long time away now.

#2 ·
Reactions: IKEWarrior04
#3 · (Edited)
New to the Forum and couldn't find any details about when new barrels were going to made available. Sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it.

I sent FN an email to ask if they were going to make optional barrels available or not, This is their response

"Thank you for your interest in FN products.

We are currently working on a 13” and 20” barrel for the 17s and anticipate it will be available this fall. Please check our website for updates.

Kind regards,
FNH USA Customer Service"

Fall seems like a long time away now.
Well, if you're going for a 13", you better have your Form 1 mailed already, cuz it'll take 5-7 months to get back...And it's August already, Fall isn't far off...

#5 ·
Wrong. Fn will be releasing barrels to the public in the near future.

#12 · (Edited)
It will never exsist in the civilian market that's all that matters. Plus that article is 2 years old who knows what happened to the common receiver project and unless someone can cite credible info about the current status of the common receiver it isn't even worth discussing.

#14 ·
My issue is that I really can't justify buying 2 different caliber SCAR's at this time. I was going to get the 17 and hope for a conversion kit down the road as I have over 100 USGI M16 magazines and I can get ammo pretty easy from the range. I also have a bad feeling that there is going to be another AWB down the road, so a conversion kit would just make scense. I guess we will have to wait and see.

#21 ·
What good is a 20" barrel when I have not read or seen one person max out on a stock barrel? I cannot speak for no one but myself but fwiw, I look forward to seeing what a stock SCAR 17 will do on it's own with me behind the rifle. I have seen some touch out to 600 meters and one talk about 800 but yeah...pics are worth a thousand words when touting one's marksmanship and rifle accuracy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.