Scar 16/17 alternate stock options

FN Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Scar 16/17 alternate stock options

Scar 16/17 alternate stock options

So I was on the hunt for a different stock system for my SCAR 17s. For some reason the "child's boot" as a I call it just did not appeal to me. So after a long search I found a company that makes a buffer tube system for the SCAR family. It fits great and in my opinion makes the rifle look bad ass!! The folding stock is a bit much for a .308 win, so I am turning this gun into my long range weapon.

20130118_112112.jpg20130118_112052.jpg

Here is a link to there website:

FNH® SCAR - hi-desertdog.com - (Powered by CubeCart)

Hope everyone enjoys!!

Semper Fidelis

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (blue shirt)
    If your old stock needs a new home, let me know.

Looking good! $320 tho!
    Supporter of:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    | The

Its a cool concept but I never will understand, why someone would take one of the lightest and smallest non NFA 7.62 rifles available and make it into a "long range" weapon.....

Vltor also has a couple options available.

SCAR Stock: Vltor SCAR Stock - Vltor Weapon Systems Store

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Marine View Post
    So I was on the hunt for a different stock system for my SCAR 17s. For some reason the "child's boot" as a I call it just did not appeal to me. So after a long search I found a company that makes a buffer tube system for the SCAR family. It fits great and in my opinion makes the rifle look bad ass!! The folding stock is a bit much for a .308 win, so I am turning this gun into my long range weapon.

20130118_112112.jpg20130118_112052.jpg

Here is a link to there website:

FNH® SCAR - hi-desertdog.com - (Powered by CubeCart)

Hope everyone enjoys!!

Semper Fidelis

I guess I'll be the first to say it. That stock looks as out of place as a clown in the white house. (bad analogy) Although I admit the OEM stock wasn't the most apealing aspect of the 17 when I bought it, It's growing on me. That stock seems as if it would make the rifle cumbersome. to each is own they say. I will say this: when I was on a hog hunt sunday the folding stock came in handy while it was strapped to me. I had a deer carrier in one hand and a bucket of swill in the other and the stock being folded up and out of the way was excellent. But if that floats your boat or fixes your wagon more power to you.

Oh and I will add that the stock is obviously easily interchangable so you could always keep the OEM folder for when it's necessary.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Unknown author.

Disclaimer: I cant spell.

I understand what your saying, but why would anyone really need a short 308 win rifle?.... I already have a couple M4's, a PS90 and a AK. I like the operating system of the 17S and along with the range capability of the 308 it just makes more sense, TO ME, to turn it into a static long range weapon. If it was the 16 then I probably wouldnt have changed the stock.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Did you read the part where I mentioned folding the rifle up while on a hog hunt? That's why. It makes it a butt ton less ungainly when you have the option to fold the stock. It will fit in a large backpack too (barel will stick out)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Unknown author.

Quote Originally Posted by R2Marine View Post
    I understand what your saying, but why would anyone really need a short 308 win rifle?.... I already have a couple M4's, a PS90 and a AK. I like the operating system of the 17S and along with the range capability of the 308 it just makes more sense, TO ME, to turn it into a static long range weapon. If it was the 16 then I probably wouldnt have changed the stock.
    It all depends on what you're using it for... Some are using it for the power of the round instead of the "reach out and touch someone" capability. Others have a combination of the two in mind.

The bottom line is this: Does it work for the way you're using the rifle? That's all that really matters in the long run...
    MRBALLGAME thanked this.

Senior Member Mongo only pawn in game of life. MRBALLGAME's Avatar
    95% of people that have a rifle and optic capable of 700 yards can barely get their rifle zeroed at 200 yards. I have mine set at 300 and am content with that.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBALLGAME View Post
    95% of people that have a rifle and optic capable of 700 yards can barely get their rifle zeroed at 200 yards.
    That's a little assuming don't you think? Where did you pull that number from or were you just being facetious?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links