Freedom Munitions .308 - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Freedom Munitions .308

OH no I have no issue with Freedom munitions at all or their reloads, on the contrary I buy or have bough their .223 reloads from them at .32 delivered early December. Its clean and 0 failures, They usually have great prices but like every manufacturer they are subjected to what their suppliers charge for brass, primers, etc.
    _
    My point was that theres a cheaper option out there TODAY, and yes its not $600 shipped but its is $735 (+-depending on where you are) and its better than the .80 from freedom plus shipping which to me is usually around $26 from them.

But yes their ammo is good and if BTHP is the round you are looking for than by all means, go ahead

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (RED SHIRT)
    Good to hear. I did not buy the .80 rounds. I posted them if others were in the market. I did however get some of the 168 gr AMAX. My first time ordering from them, so eager to try these out. I think for that round, $1/round isn't bad in this day and age.
    -Thomas

Thanks for the heads up and ordered two cases. Seems like. Lot for plinking rounds, but it is what it is.
    Skip

FN Supporter FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS skunkworks's Avatar
    all gone ...

Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks View Post
    all gone ...
    Honestly... for about the last week and a half, I've noticed they have restocked one of their 308 selections about every three days. I feel like it was 3 or 4 days ago I posted the 168 gr AMAX reloaded. Then these and at the same time restocked the 168 gr AMAX new.... so it would appear they are catching up...
    -Thomas

FN Supporter

Freedom Munitions .308

Just some information

I have had an order for both the A-Max and HPBT in 168gr. since January 7th. At the time, the .40 and .308s were the only one "in stock". I gave them plenty of leeway due to the scare, but got curious after they sent my friend his .40 after about a week (which like all there handgun ammo was shiny and great to shoot, I can vouch for their 9mm and.45 too!), and I had heard nothing. It was about that time I got the emails about them having some .308 back in stock. So, I gave them a call on Tuesday. The lady was nice and professional. She stated that they were missing component on their .308s and was waiting on shipments. I offered to accept converting my order to all A-Max, that I just got an email about them having in stock. She stated that all .308 were out of stock. I asked why they had two different favors of .308 listed in stock on their website then.... She said they were testing out site and that they have been turning on one or two flavors in each caliber to test the site and turning them back off....

Now I have no doubt that I will get my order and that they are good people, but I wanted to let everyone know that they shouldn't expect too rapid a shipment. Although she did say they were expect components next week. So maybe they can ramp up some .308 production by that week or the week after, if they get all the needed components.

BTW, their Blaster line of .308 are great range ammo; accurate and were pretty cheap......I hope to see those prices again....
    Last edited by SabrWolf; 02-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.

FN Supporter FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS skunkworks's Avatar
    I had an order for 1000rds of .308 that I placed in early December that was suddenly cancelled in January when they shipped the other items I ordered at the same time. It was a bummer. I ordered another 1000rd that same day, no word yet.

Freedom Munitions has had all of their items turned off for the last several weeks because they could not keep up with shipping even though their production was keeping up with at least some items. They have said that they would turn on a few items at a time, but would only take orders as long as they could keep up with the shipping. At one point they were shipping over 500,000 rounds a day. I have ordered from them several times, and both times the orders have come through, it just takes a little while (even longer since Dec. 14th). I did place an order for 9mm in early January, and it shipped about 10 days after the order. I have ordered .308 from them in the past, but they use a lot of mixed military brass, and it is hard to get an accurate load when reloading with all of the mixed head stamps on the brass.

I have a newly opened Freedom Munitions brick and mortar store here in Houston about 5 minutes from my house. The prices are good and I have been able to find .223 and .308 in stock. The .223 was .60 a round and the .308 was around .80 per round.

Note: When I sat "in stock", the .223 I bought from them has been on the shelf 3 minutes and i bought the last 250 rounds.

Great friendly staff.
    You should expect a little American in my replies.

Well, just an update. I ordered my 168 gr AMAX on the 31st of January. I got a shipping notification the same day and it is due to arrive today. So they are indeed shipping and at a decent rate to boot. So you guys know.
    -Thomas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links