SCAR 17S magazines: D&H vs Belgian Cage Magazines

FN Forum

Google Search

SCAR 17S magazines: D&H CAGE vs Belgian Magazines

What are the physical differences between the D&H Scar 17S CAGE magazines and the Belgian magazines? Are the followers the same? Is the thickness/quality of the metal the same? Is the follower better on one than the other? What about the finish? Has D&H fixed the finish problems they had originally?

Is there any functional difference between the two different magazines (ie: durability, reliability, etc.)?
    Last edited by bluestarfish; 03-06-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestarfish View Post
    What are the physical differences between the D&H Scar 17S CAGE magazines and the Belgian magazines? Are the followers the same? Is the thickness/quality of the metal the same? Is the follower better on one than the other? What about the finish? Has D&H fixed the finish problems they had originally?

Is there any functional difference between the two different magazines (ie: durability, reliability, etc.)?
    In this post by other members they talk about the difference between the mags made by D&H v Belgian mags: Tarnished mags
    The post is from 2011, so you may notice some things that are obvious now that were not back then. I have seen the Belgian mags and handled them, but I don't own any so I couldn't tell you about material thicknesses. The D&H mags I have been getting recently new have a much better finish than some of my older ones. I also got some "Factory 2nds" from 2011 that were supposedly sold as seconds because of cosmetic issues, and they are definitely rougher in terms of the finish. But none of my new mags have ever been as bad as those seconds. The seconds I got did not come in a box. Just sold open with no wrapper or anything.
    Heres a link to that thread I posted : Blemished FN SCAR 17 Mags
    Powers "I do not have an ammo problem."

FN Gear:
    FN PS90 Red Dot Black
    FN Five-seveN MK2 Black
    FNX-45 Tactical FDE
    SCAR-17S Black

bsf,
    Post from this past year on differrences I have noticed so far.

HCO,
    So far I have been able to discern 3 variations of mags that I have purchased. All came in identical FN boxes. Only the ones I purchased lately have come in plastic wrap inside the box. First pic shows difference in the mag catch hole which has 3 different size "tits", small, medium and large? Second pic is different in follower markings with later ones mark added NATO. 3rd pic shows different seam lengths down the front. The last 2 variations also had larger weld spots on the rear of the mag.
    The early mags I got with the rifles and from Midway ( year before last ) were the small tit with no cage codes on either black or FDE. The last ones I got were the large tit with cage codes dated both 0911 and 0212. These were mixed between Black and the FDE ones. Variation 1 & 2 work fine. I have not had time to try the 3rd variation yet. I will say the last ones were similar tit shape as the C products 25 rd mag I got last year. I still have 3 backordered from Midway so I hope they come soon.

Sponsored Links