FN Herstal Firearms banner

Scar 17 hunting question magazines (clips what ever you call it )

Tags
308 ar15 scar
4K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  d762nato 
#1 ·
Whats up guys , got a question gonna be setting the SCAR 17 up as HOg hunting/DEER hunting rifle and was wondering about the magazines. I have only the 20 rounders, do they make 5 round clips for it or some kind of block for the magazine ? I live in N.C., got any pics of your hunts and information on this would be great, thanks again !!!:?:

#2 ·
First of all, as long as it looks like a box it's called a magazine, not clip, no matter how many rounds it hold. You can 10 rounders from Molon labe industry and install the 5 round block if you want to.

They make a 5 rounder too, but link is broken on my end.

#7 ·
I know over here in east NC there is no capacity limit. Even so I usually only take a few shells. And it's definitely magazine. ;)

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

#10 · (Edited)
I have used the 20s unmodified and a 20 with a block from magazineblocks.com. Their 5 round block actually allowed 6, so the Man could still nail you if you're in a 5 round max area. Plus the ones I got didn't fit very good and I had to dremel the edges to get them to slid down in the box. You could probably make one out of abs plastic. I haven't done it yet but I like the idea of using the 10s just to cut down on profile. I usually only keep 10 in at a time anyway...sometimes they show up in herds! Btw I have the exact setup as BrettB as far as I can tell from the picture and it is a hogs worst scenario.

#11 ·
Years ago I use to hunt deer with a Belgian Fal 50.63 para and what I did was slide the bottom off the mag and install a piece of wooden block. It was trail and error cutting the piece of wood until the 20 rd mag would only hold 10 rds which is legal in my state. It worked really nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.