SCAR 17S FTF, Help please

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: SCAR 17S FTF, Help please

SCAR 17S FTF, Help please

I just purchased a 17S and it will not feed. I'm at a loss. I have two factory mags and I have tried three different ammo (including match grade). Both mags and all ammo does the same thing. When I release the bolt or rack the charging handle it doesn't go all the way forward. It normally goes about 3/4" short of all the way forward. When it does go all the way it will fire but will not cycle the next round. It is clean, not spotless but clean. Any ideas?

Check your gas regulator setting. If that does not fix it give FN service a call

I tried both settings. Called service and they said probably a mag problem. Just having a hard time believing both mags are bad. I'll probably end up sending it in, just trying to avoid that if at all possible.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

STL
    Senior Member 25,000 Post Club Member STL's Avatar
    Pull the carrier out and take a picture of the bolt face. No need to remove the bolt from the carrier.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Anything odd looking in the chamber.
    With the mag out and the bolt locked back have you tried dropping a round in the chamber and releasing the bolt by the bolt catch and not ridding the charging handle. Does the rifle go into battery.
    With a round fully chambered and a empty mag in the rifle when fired does the rifle cycle and lock the bolt back on the empty mag.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"
    MAJ. Holdredge

Senior Member Aging Disgracefully's Avatar
    Was it new? OK, if so here is a stupid question, but you cleaned it before shooting it right? It ships with some protective coating on the internals and I noticed that on one of mine some dust had adhered to it and as a result the action was not completely smooth. A good cleaning fixed it.

Chamber looks fine. I dropped a round in it and it goes in easy. It will some time go into battery, but usually not. Don't know about the bolt locking back after being fired. It does lock back if it has an empty mag and I pull the charging handle back.

It wasn't new, but only had about 30 rounds fired through it. It's not spotless, but it's pretty clean and lubricated.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cagleco View Post
    Chamber looks fine. I dropped a round in it and it goes in easy. It will some time go into battery, but usually not. Don't know about the bolt locking back after being fired. It does lock back if it has an empty mag and I pull the charging handle back.
    When the round does not fully chamber, is the extractor properly snapping over the rim of the case and engaging the case head.
    Check the extractor and the ejector that they are working properly and not bound up or loaded with brass shavings.
    thenihipali5 thanked this.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"
    MAJ. Holdredge

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links