FN Herstal Firearms banner

Took my SLP to 3gun yesterday

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Pachinko Pistola 
#1 ·

It was flawless. I've had problems with my other shotguns at almost every match, but not this time. Love the SLP :th_thumbsup: My reloading sucks though. I took like 20 seconds to reload lol. I need some dummy rounds so that I can practice at home.

Also in the video is my SCAR 16 SBR. I need to speed up my pace on the rifle stages. In hindsight I should have reloaded earlier too. One of the best things I learned from using my SCAR at 3gun was that I needed to move the charging lever to the right side. When it was on the left side, I would cause malfunctions by blocking it when trying to reload and shoot quickly. Since I moved it to the right side, I haven't had a malfunction.

Looks like the video won't embed when I cue it up to the shotgun part. Here's the full video from the beginning:

#5 ·
Nice - I've got a winter place out in Pahrump and was wondering where that range/club is, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

#9 ·
Love the SLP :th_thumbsup: My reloading sucks though. I took like 20 seconds to reload lol. I need some dummy rounds so that I can practice at home.
If you do a search on the net, you can find some practice rounds that look like those below. However, I found them to be too light, so I filled them with shot and sealed the end. You can find the details in my 12 gauge practice round write-up.

#11 ·
Love the SLP :th_thumbsup: My reloading sucks though. I took like 20 seconds to reload lol. I need some dummy rounds so that I can practice at home.
You're doing it backwards. Like you're doing a weak hand reload but using your strong hand and only handling two at a time. Get some caddys and hold all four in your weak hand, or look into the load 2 or quad load method

#12 ·
Lots of pros are switching to load 2. I'm so slow it doesn't really matter, so I just load from butt cuff/sidesaddle/bandolier. If I ever need more than that I figure the bad guys win. :D

BTW you should sign up for the FN contingency program and make some dough. Run FN pistol also and you'll be like a walking ad for Fabrique Nationale. :D

FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: Contingency Program

#14 · (Edited)
BTW you should sign up for the FN contingency program and make some dough. Run FN pistol also and you'll be like a walking ad for Fabrique Nationale. :D

FNH USA - Distinct Advantage :: Contingency Program
Only problem with that is that it's only applicable on the HUGE events, and the average shooter would just get absolutely stomped in those, there's no way you can win. Win at Ironman, Fallen Bretheren, RockCastle's ProAm, etc.? Good luck with that.

#18 ·
"Don't Kalifornicate Colorado!"

We said that 30
Yrs ago. It's too late...

I used my SLP at a 3 gun this summer and overall it did well. I modded it with a shorter pistol grip LOP, orange follower, 7 rd side saddle & back up
2 pack and a Nordic charger. I may add a simple custom light mount in the future in lieu of the heavier triple rail but it's finished. My only hesitation with the SLP is the fold down rifle sight which is sharp in rapid deployment, otherwise I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.