sc-1 forearm splits - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Called again today since they were supposed to be shipping the repaired shotguns out November 10th. Said the new part started showing cracks after a few hundred rounds. They are looking at other fixes for this problem and having a meeting next week. I will be asking for a refund. Frustrated.

Thanks for that update....how does one get a refund? The retailer will point the customer to the manufacturer...any ideas?

SC1 Forestock Cracking issue is common

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    Fired my new SC1 (gray and black) for the first time yesterday. Midway through the second box of shells the forearm wood next to the receiver
    raised up approx. 1/4". Talked to Factory rep in MO this morning and he says a viable fix is still NOT available and asked me to call back every 30 days to see what might have transpired. FN Herstal has no ownership - registration database, hence an inability to contact us unfortunate owners. In the meantime, I'll glue, tape and secure the broken wood as best I can in hopes that the gun will remain serviceable until a factory repair is authorized. Sad deal for a nice shotgun that costs $2K.

I've gone through two SC1's in the last 2 years. The 1st one broke after about 6 months of shooting...same forestock cracking issue. I received a brand new one 6 months later and it also cracked about 3 months later. I sent it in, been in since Oct and it is now the end of January. I called and FN said they are sourcing out new wood and have been testing it. Apparently 6 months is the average waiting time for any Bowning, Winchester,or FN repair. Really unfortunate, being such a sexy shotgun but certainly can't handle the shock from being fired. Sites, Kreighoff, and Ljutic, will send you the parts to repair your own shotgun and parts normally come within a day or so, then they tell you how to do the repair yourself ! Hope FN solves the problem but, when mine comes back it will be for sale, if anyone is interested in the new wood ! I'm going for the Browning Cynergy Combo Gray Laminate !
    Last edited by jhs27275; 03-01-2016 at 05:04 AM. Reason: remove link

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I got a call from FN service today, they said it wouldn't bee until June before guns are properly repaired...They are now offering refunds.

Received my refund yesterday. FNH customer service ( Cindy) was top notch. Yes, certainly a long and frustrating process since sending the SC1 in August, but it's over now. Using my Fabarm RS12 now...I still suck at clays, but that makes breaking a clay that much more precious. The SC1 was a great gun. For those who elect to wait on a repair, good luck and I hope they solve it soon.

Any updates on this? Is there a fix? I sent an Email to FN asking about this and got no response.

Quote Originally Posted by natchomamma View Post
    Any updates on this? Is there a fix? I sent an Email to FN asking about this and got no response.
    Spoke to FN today and they say they have a fix. They have not informed customer service what the fix is but supposedly it will be done in a couple of months.
    Not the greatest answer but at least some light at the end of the tunnel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links