sc-1 forearm splits

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sc-1 forearm splits

Mine is sitting at service dept. Bought new 7/10/15 (only 500 rounds). Given the problem I am having with forearm and the same similar problems from others the fix goes deep. In order to fix the splitting forearms on the sc-1 FNH may have to go to walnut or use a bedding method to stop the forearm latch from moving and splitting the laminate forearm. Manages pull your resources together and make a good decision on the fix needed to make the sc-1 a good firearm. Or do a recall/BYBACK.

A short drive from the center of the universe
    Welcome to the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Welcome!!!

Your not the only one having this issue. FNH USA is taking care of it. Will take some time though, be patient.

SC-1 Forearm
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

sc-1 forearm

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    Welcome!!!

Your not the only one having this issue. FNH USA is taking care of it. Will take some time though, be patient.

SC-1 Forearm
    Given FNH resources with Winchester and Browning NO one should have an issue at this time. The fix should have occurred. Had 2 yrs. of patience deciding to buy a SC-1 to shoot skeet with.

Welcome!!!

SC-1 Forearm
    Quote Originally Posted by robert3 View Post
    Given FNH resources with Winchester and Browning NO one should have an issue at this time. The fix should have occurred. Had 2 yrs. of patience deciding to buy a SC-1 to shoot skeet with.
    Things are never easier than they seem.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

sc-1 forearms

Things are never easier than they seem.
    I am hoping to see a different wood on the sc-1. Cant see the laminate compatible with that latching system for the long term of 1000's of rounds year after year. Grain or pattern of veneers run the wrong way. Wish I had realized that before I purchased it. RECALL/REPURCHASE/REDESIGN.

I bought mine in Aug. of 20114, and had about 5k throught it before it split. I should have saved more and bought the Zoli I wanted...live and learn...This is an expensive lesson!
    I called the service center on the 21st, almost 2 weeks after they received my gun. I was told they were still looking for a new vendor, with no other information given. I asked if I would have it back by Oct. 4th for a shoot I wanted to attend, the answer "I wouldn't count on it, practice with your back-up to be ready"

Ok got a very interesting update yesterday. FNH customer service representative told me that they have already been working on the problem, have produced a product that they believe will be a viable solution and it has undergone product testing already and passed. Now they are in the process of producing the part and will start shipping in about 3 weeks

Fired my new SC1 for the first time yesterday. Midway through the second box of shells the forearm wood next to the receiver
    raised up approx. 1/4". Talked to Factory rep in MO this morning and he says a viable fix is still NOT available and asked me to call back every 30 days to see what might have transpired. FN Herstal has no ownership - registration database, hence an inability to contact us unfortunate owners. In the meantime, I'll glue, tape and secure the broken wood as best I can in hopes that the gun will remain serviceable until a factory repair is authorized. Sad deal for a nice shotgun that costs $2K.

Skyking, that is horrible feedback you got. Time for class action litigation...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links