Picked up my FN 509 today! And a FNS 9C FDE... - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Picked up my FN 509 today! And a FNS 9C FDE...

Hello, new here to the forum.

I just picked up a 509 today also and I agree the trigger is pretty rough, I havenít had a chance to take it out with all of the flooding going on, but will try to tomorrow and see if it gets better.
    Didn't mean to jack your thread, just wanted to comment on the trigger
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by dmax View Post
    Hello, new here to the forum.

I just picked up a 509 today also and I agree the trigger is pretty rough, I havenít had a chance to take it out with all of the flooding going on, but will try to tomorrow and see if it gets better.
    Didn't mean to jack your thread, just wanted to comment on the trigger
    By all means, jack away! Its a forum!
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Follow up today, put another couple hundred through the gun today. Trigger is SIGNIFICANTLY better now! Still not as good as the FNS 9C I snagged, but a world better. I had to adjust my grip to get shots dead on target as I was shooting perfect groups about 1-2 inches low of aiming point, but after moving my hands around and using more of a "Glock" grip, it was right where it should be. I may try the larger back strap to see if that helps at all as I don't have to use that grip with the 9C and its a laser!

Still no FTF, 90% my reloads with a little factory ammo for fun, no issues locking back with an empty mag, no hiccups, etc. Keeping my eyes out for night sights whenever they are eventually available!
    LESTER and villdetwink thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Not high jacking just adding and concurring with the OP. The 509 I had on order arrived today, I had the opportunity to handle and shoot a demo, the 509 is truly one of the most ergonomic pistols I've held it points extremely well and shoots even better. What surprised was the size comparison to my current EDC a Glock 19 how FN managed to squeeze two extra rounds into the mag without increasing by much the grips length is ingenious engineering. I can also attest to the grittiness of the trigger, how FN QC personnel feel comfortable allowing the 509 out the door like that is bewildering I am glad to hear through use it smooths out. I would have bought the pistol today if my LGS was willing to deal $609 plus tax, background and FFL transfer wasn't happening, greedy bastards....
    Last edited by SeaMac; 05-03-2017 at 09:56 PM.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Figured one picked up thread would be about all the pick ups. One failure to feed at round 28, no problems in the other 249 shot today. Comfortable, easy to point and shoot. I really love this new pistol.

Thanks for the post.

I love my APX and am considering the 509.

I always put a snap cap in my new guns (even though some say you don't need a snap cap) and shoot the TV for a bunch of times & most triggers smooth out after doing this hundreds of times.

I hope your trigger gets better.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks for the good info and review Mike!

I just sold my P320 Carry... while I agree that it is a sweet shooter, I as well just could not get used to it. As much as I tried, I just couldn't adjust.
    The combination of grip/grip angle and high bore axis just didn't work for me.
    The Beretta APX, doesn't do it for me either...it is not a bad looking pistol. I actually dig the slide serrations, and the grip felt pretty good.
    But the slide seemed rather wide, and I am confused as to actual purpose of the firing pin block popping out of the top of the slide, and the mangled recoil spring.
    Also I think they really over complicated the disassembly process to swap frames and grip panels. Just my opinion though...to each their own.

The FNS9 & 9C are natural pointers for me... so, I am planning on putting the proceeds towards a 509.
    Although I will probably wait a little while, in case there are any bugs that need worked out.
    Last edited by villdetwink; 05-04-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynowhite View Post
    Figured one picked up thread would be about all the pick ups. One failure to feed at round 28, no problems in the other 249 shot today. Comfortable, easy to point and shoot. I really love this new pistol.
    Looks great. Hopefully no more FTF.

Something id like to add, it fits perfectly in my VP9 holsters Now if I could just find some extra magazines somewhere...

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by villdetwink View Post
    Thanks for the good info and review Mike!

I just sold my P320 Carry... while I agree that it is a sweet shooter, I as well just could not get used to it. As much as I tried, I just couldn't adjust.
    The combination of grip/grip angle and high bore axis just didn't work for me.
    The Beretta APX, doesn't do it for me either...it is not a bad looking pistol. I actually dig the slide serrations, and the grip felt pretty good.
    But the slide seemed rather wide, and I am confused as to actual purpose of the firing pin block popping out of the top of the slide, and the mangled recoil spring.
    Also I think they really over complicated the disassembly process to swap frames and grip panels. Just my opinion though...to each their own.

The FNS9 & 9C are natural pointers for me... so, I am planning on putting the proceeds towards a 509.
    Although I will probably wait a little while, in case there are any bugs that need worked out.
    you could shoot it upside down then the bore axis would be the lowest with a totally different grip angle...

just my opinion
    villdetwink thanked this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links