• 5 Post By vz58kid
  • 4 Post By hillbillyjim
  • 4 Post By LESTER
  • 2 Post By hillbillyjim
  • 2 Post By JonM
  • 1 Post By FenixMike

Thread: Macs 509 Review!

Question Macs 509 Review!

CPTdaz, Smurky, Brandon Lee and 2 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Awesome shirt lol
    dank, Smurky, LESTER and 1 others thanked this.

Good initial review. Liking what I'm seeing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I'm going to base my 509 purchase on Mac's gauntlet test. if it withstands three tree throws and the Twinkie test I'm going to buy one!

Question

How did Ur Zip Guns do in the Gauntlet tests?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LESTER View Post
    I'm going to base my 509 purchase on Mac's gauntlet test. if it withstands three tree throws and the Twinkie test I'm going to buy one!
    You never know when you will be jumping into a swamp and needing your firearm to still function!!
    Smurky and LESTER thanked this.

I can't seem to get excited over this FN's offering. But then I wasn't too impressed with the FNS either.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillyjim View Post
    You never know when you will be jumping into a swamp and needing your firearm to still function!!

i think your right

i think dropping it into an all you can eat spaghetti fest bowl at olive garden would be more realistic... i mean most of us are in more urban environments and probably wont be low crawling through the tora bora caves looking for one of obama's sons after a terror bombing.

dropping it in a toilet at walmart after it falls out of a holster, or running it over with a lawn mower, or even dropping on the floor board of a mini van into the pile of months old mcd fries under the seat would be far more likely events.

i really do not remember the last time i dropped my handgun into water let it sit then rolled it in dirt and mud... i like the mac channel but these "tests" are beyound ridiculous. im more interested inninformstion on where to get retention holsters, sights that fit it, how common are magazines, average prices, ransom rest accuracy testing. mud dirt water tests are uselessly ridiculous
    Last edited by JonM; Yesterday at 07:27 AM.
    BigBuckeyeGuy and hillbillyjim thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    i think your right

i think dropping it into an all you can eat spaghetti fest bowl at olive garden would be more realistic... i mean most of us are in more urban environments and probably wont be low crawling through the tora bora caves looking for one of obama's sons after a terror bombing.

dropping it in a toilet at walmart after it falls out of a holster, or running it over with a lawn mower, or even dropping on the floor board of a mini van into the pile of months old mcd fries under the seat would be far more likely events.

i really do not remember the last time i dropped my handgun into water let it sit then rolled it in dirt and mud... i like the mac channel but these "tests" are beyound ridiculous. im more interested inninformstion on where to get retention holsters, sights that fit it, how common are magazines, average prices, ransom rest accuracy testing. mud dirt water tests are uselessly ridiculous
    While I completely agree with you on the tests, some of my coworkers eat these videos up and base their life decisions on Mac, Hickok 45, and other you tube "stars" with made up tests and comparisons that basically just project their opinions as some accepted factual "real world" tests. They are entertaining videos, but after watching the hysteria that developed online when the VP9 didn't pass Macs "torture tests", and all the keyboard commandos making post after post about how the VP9 now sucks because its obviously going to just fail on them at any given time because it cant operate with water near it, or as you said, go hunt down Osama Jr in the deep of night after swimming 400 miles silently through the ocean and crawling through 200 miles of deep mud and dirt, I just cant give any credibility to him. Personally, id enjoy if someone spent 15 min going over the firearm, as you said, maybe do some bench rest shooting with different ammo to gauge accuracy without user error at given distances, and see how it functions and operates. While Vickers videos are just useless as well, they are at least entertaining and go over the weapons very well.
    JonM thanked this.

Sponsored Links