MAC FNH 509 Gauntlet Test - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree188Thanks

Thread: MAC FNH 509 Gauntlet Test

Almost exactly what Mac thought about the VP9 and the new model with stronger spring in it was even worse!
    Box4 thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

VERY disappointing!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    The only thing I plan on submersing my 509 in when I get it is gun oil and grease! so I should be good to go!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    So, tell me, when was the last time someone dropped a gun in mud, step on it, and then try to get it to rack and shoot.? These tests are stupid. Anything that is not designed for the intended use, will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Box4 View Post
    I sense fanboyism. MAC gives disclaimers about the tests, but I feel they do provide good data points.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Kakashi66218; 06-15-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    hillbillyjim, Smurky and pak317 thanked this.
    I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you.
    Joshua 24:15

I do wish he would do one with a fns9. For comparison, for the sake of it. I want a fn 509-- willing to sell my fns9 to do it, but I do prize reliability over novelty every day. My fns has a stronger ejection spring. Anyone feel up to, or could make happen to get mac a fns9 to test???!
    Kakashi66218 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by LESTER View Post
    The only thing I plan on submersing my 509 in when I get it is gun oil and grease! so I should be good to go!
    Well if U own one and as long as U don't shoot it in Rain/Snow U should be Ok, also on the bright side prices on these Junkers will drop in 4-6 weeks about $150.+ like on the VP9 and on top of that somebody will make a waterproof flap holster with a quick draw zipper or Velcro!

Hundreds of yrs. ago guns could not be fired in the rain either since fuse/power could not get wet!
    Might even be able to get a "Rain-Shield") 10" long 4" wide and curved on top and will attach to the rail and thus gun wont get wet if Ur careful!
    deadduck357 thanked this.

[QUOTE=Zombirat;1201025]So, tell me, when was the last time someone dropped a gun in mud, step on it, and then try to get it to rack and shoot.? These tests are stupid. Anything that is not designed for the intended use, will fail.[/QUOT

That POS failed before tests even started 2 X, if any gun cant be put in "CLEAN" water for a few seconds and locks up due to Hydro-lock and trigger and striker wont work tell me a POS!
    deadduck357 thanked this.

I do find it funny 2 weeks ago I put up a thread about "The Gap" many guns have lately and many of the so called experts here laughed but now for the 2nd X in 2 weeks Mac commented about these Gaps like on the 509, which has a big 1 especially in the rear, locking up due to dirt etc.. getting in easily and in the 509 Mac was right, next I bet the P10 and APX will also flunk!

Thumbs up

FN is famous (Infamous) for making "Hydro-Locking" Guns!

Vid of another Hydro-Locker!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links