Thread: MAC FNH 509 Gauntlet Test

MAC FNH 509 Gauntlet Test

Take it for what it's worth
    Scar 16 + 17
    Glocks =)
    Sigs, HK's, and FNX
    And some stupid AR's

Yikes... That was terrible.

Makes me feel a little better about the M&P failing the "dunk in water" test.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I was expecting more out of the 509
    Scar 16 + 17
    Glocks =)
    Sigs, HK's, and FNX
    And some stupid AR's

Thumbs up

OMG! What a POS it did as bad or worse than the VP9 so if U got a 509 make sure not to carry it in "Rain"! He also commented on the Gap between slide & frame allowing to many contaminants in as he had commented on some other guns and I have noticed the 509 has the biggest gao in rear of gun where others have it in the front.

I bet the APX & PC 10 will also flunk severely! Heck the High-Point puts the 509 to shame, another junker from FN!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Well if you believe this is a SCIENTIFIC experiment, just stop, don't!
    I made this for you whoever you are about a week ago, and timing is everything and I didn't have it right then, but now...

image.jpg
    3birds with one stone since soup nazi is in the news.

Tim, if your reading this...
    These videos are sorta counterproductive to sales. If there are people who actually believe these are going to be the conditions these firearms operate in.. I know you can't control who watches your vids, but geez whiz man, I hope there isn't to many out there.
    LESTER, Tompow and impactbumper thanked this.
    I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you.
    Joshua 24:15

Yes these tests hurt sales remember when H&K couldn't give away the VP9's for $450. about $150.+ off reg. price?

I sense fanboyism. MAC gives disclaimers about the tests, but I feel they do provide good data points.

If you only use your guns for target practice, then these tests aren't likely relevant for you. If you carry, then these tests are very relevant. If I dropped a gun in water during a struggle, managed to retrieve it, and it hydrolocked? I'd be looking for a new gun if I was lucky enough to walk away. It's not unheard of for a gun to come in contact with any of those elements, so it's nice to know how it behaves when it does. The gauntlet itself is brutal and unrealistic, as MAC has admitted, but the individual tests are very interesting and relevant.
    vz58kid, pak317 and deadduck357 thanked this.

True, but scary when U cant carry a 509 & VP9 in the rain!

The trigger reset spring didn't seem strong enough. The ejection was also awfully weak. In fact, it looked weak in the review video from just normal shooting.

I saw where MAC hypothesized that maybe FN left the springs from the MHS gun, which were designed to shoot hotter loads, in the commercial gun. I don't know. That would be an easy fix, but I'm not sure that's it.
    Troublesx10 thanked this.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links