Is the FNAR Dying?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Is the FNAR Dying?

Is the FNAR Dying?

I like my FNAR, but no new posts in this section in over four days? There is definitely a lack of interest at the moment. What are your thoughts for the future of this weapon? I'm not trolling. I have over $3,300 wrapped up in my rifle. Ten years from now are we going to be able to buy parts for it?
    Get ready!

I have no idea how sales are doing for the FNAR. I would say that they are gaining visiblility and frequency of sales on places like GunBroker.com. This is just based upon searches since 2009.

You'd have to get some "inside" factory information. Probably SgtStriker could get this. Is Sarge still around? YooHoo! Sarge?

I have one for sale if you want a parts gun.
    They have the Browning BAR actions in them. They are modified from the sport versions, but parts shouldn't be a problem.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    If I was not out here in AFG I would be reloading, doing accuracy tests with different powders, bullets, COLs, etc.

Dont think the FNAR is dying. I see ads in the gun magazines we get (albeit they are a few months old) for the FNAR. Looks like they are targeting (pun intended) the 3 gun crowd.

Oh, here is a conversation starter (I mentioned this once awhile ago).
    So you have had your FNAR for sometime. If you could change something about it, what would it be?

I say a larger bolt handle. I even sent Nordic a email asking if they did or had plans too. Got a response they did speak to FN about it.

I don't think there is much I would change. I kind of like it the way it is. Now a larger charging handle is something to consider. I think this would be very easy for the aftermarket to fix. It is an independent part that could swapped out the next time a guy cleans his or her weapon. I would buy one for sure! This would also apply to the bolt release. FN got the mag release right, for sure.

I think Magpul should make a rear stock. One that has comb and length of pull micro adjustments. The kind they make with the knobs. $$30 Magpul magazines would be nice too.

The more I think about the more I would change stuff, I guess. How about a free floating hand guard? I know the piston is still going to be hanging off the barrel, but what about upward pressure from the bi-pod or sand bags. I was thinking about this the other day at the range. The next time I go out, I am going to rest the rifle on bags right in front of the magazine and see if the group tightens up. A free floating hand guard with a quad rail option. This would make it heavier, but I bet it would be more accurate. I don't think this could be done at this point, because of the overall design of the reciever.

Speaking of the aftermarket, a drop in trigger group from a reputable maker would improve things. A nice two stage trigger. Maybe in a couple of years we will see things like charging handles, stocks and trigger groups. But the overall sales would have to make it worthwhile for the aftermarket.

Thanks for serving in the military!!! Get home safe.
    Get ready!

Quote Originally Posted by moreair
    I don't think there is much I would change. I kind of like it the way it is. Now a larger charging handle is something to consider. I think this would be very easy for the aftermarket to fix. It is an independent part that could swapped out the next time a guy cleans his or her weapon. I would buy one for sure! This would also apply to the bolt release. FN got the mag release right, for sure.

I think Magpul should make a rear stock. One that has comb and length of pull micro adjustments. The kind they make with the knobs. $$30 Magpul magazines would be nice too.

The more I think about the more I would change stuff, I guess. How about a free floating hand guard? I know the piston is still going to be hanging off the barrel, but what about upward pressure from the bi-pod or sand bags. I was thinking about this the other day at the range. The next time I go out, I am going to rest the rifle on bags right in front of the magazine and see if the group tightens up. A free floating hand guard with a quad rail option. This would make it heavier, but I bet it would be more accurate. I don't think this could be done at this point, because of the overall design of the reciever.

Speaking of the aftermarket, a drop in trigger group from a reputable maker would improve things. A nice two stage trigger. Maybe in a couple of years we will see things like charging handles, stocks and trigger groups. But the overall sales would have to make it worthwhile for the aftermarket.

Thanks for serving in the military!!! Get home safe.
    Aside from the bolt handle I would also like to see a larger, ambidextrous bolt release (not that the stock one is difficult).

Magpul stock is not a bad idea. Was thinking of maybe a drop in bullpup stock too.

Muzzle break as well.

I like the stock trigger but a NM two stage is a great idea!

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    The FNAR is a great rifle and I loved mine, unfortunately the Scar 17 stole a lot of it's thunder. Yes one is a battle rifle and the other is a sub Moa rifle. It usually comes down to what have you done for me lately and the scar is newer so it is the more popular item.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

Yes - I think they are on the way out I'm basing my opinion on the fact that the price has just dropped by over $430.00

I chose the FAL over the FNAR.

Just didn't seem to be any difference untill far out distances, which for me is useless. Also, no preban mags (that I know of) for the FNAR, so I would be limited to 10 rounds or less. Plus the parts availability for the FAL are just nuts..

I may buy one someday, but there are better, cooler FN products I want first. And the price for the FNAR's just keeps on going down.
    FNP 45
    FNP .357 SIG
    FNP 9M
    FNS 9 night sights, no safety
    DSA FAL 16" barrel, PRS2, SAW Grip, Vortex Crossfire 3x9
    FiveseveN
    PS90 TR
    FS2000 Standard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links