FNH USA Officially Announces SCAR Mk20 SSR Commercial Release - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree92Thanks

Thread: FNH USA Officially Announces SCAR Mk20 SSR Commercial Release

I'm kinda neutral on the commercial ssr. It would be great to have a more accurate scar 17, but I find my 16" plenty accurate. 1 moa at 100 yards for a battle rifle is pretty great!

For anything farther than 800 yards, I have a bolt gun chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I think alot of folks are with me on this in that having both the scar 17 and 20 may be a little overkill. That being said, these are amazing guns. I'm hoping more folks like DAWGfan1980 decide to unload their spare scar 17's. I know I'll be in the market for another one.

Big questions for me:
    Will there be one with a barrel longer than 16"?
    Will the stock from Larry's video be available, or are we stuck with the dumb AR stock adapter?

If they sold that stock alone I would grab one for my 17.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Nice, I won't be a first adopter but I can see myself getting one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarhead View Post
    I'm just getting ready to buy my first Scar, (the 17) and wouldn't you know it,,, something has to come out that is bigger and better...
    Bigger yes, better, well that depends on what you are planning on doing with the rifle.

A bolt gun, for me, is easier to shoot more accurately, and easier on the brass so you can reload it more times. At the price of the SSR you could get a FN SPR A5MXP, glass, bipod, extra mags and any other accessories you like.
    Kev thanked this.

Kev
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerted View Post
    Bigger yes, better, well that depends on what you are planning on doing with the rifle.

A bolt gun, for me, is easier to shoot more accurately, and easier on the brass so you can reload it more times. At the price of the SSR you could get a FN SPR A5MXP, glass, bipod, extra mags and any other accessories you like.
    I agree with this 100%. If I could only have one, I would go SPR every time. But, it would be nice to have both
    LESTER and djv38 thanked this.
    Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing.

I too am excited about the release of the SCAR 20 and the CSR 20. I may just have to get both. In fact I will. FDE all the way.
    goretro77 thanked this.
    The very atmosphere of Firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains Evil interference - They deserve a place of Honor with all that is good. GEORGE WASHINGTON
    If the freedom of speech is taken away then the dumb and the silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. GEORGE WASHINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by farmerted View Post

I agree... For me... I already have more than one... and all my accessories are QD so they will swap back and forth... If they offered it from the start I probably would have at some point bought both models if only for collection purposes... With all that said I will wait for the prices to normalize after the rush unless I luck into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezon View Post
    I'm kinda neutral on the commercial ssr. It would be great to have a more accurate scar 17, but I find my 16" plenty accurate. 1 moa at 100 yards for a battle rifle is pretty great!

For anything farther than 800 yards, I have a bolt gun chambered in 6.5 creedmoor. I think alot of folks are with me on this in that having both the scar 17 and 20 may be a little overkill. That being said, these are amazing guns. I'm hoping more folks like DAWGfan1980 decide to unload their spare scar 17's. I know I'll be in the market for another one.

Not at all overkill. We (my Family) enjoy shooting. The fact that we choose the SCAR16 and SCAR17 as our families defensive weapons proves this. We are serious shooters. There for we need series rifles to shoot. The CSR and the SSR or SCAR 20 will just add to the fun. Some people play Golf as a Hobby. We shoot SCARs as our Hobby.
    Kev, goretro77, hillbillyjim and 2 others thanked this.
    The very atmosphere of Firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains Evil interference - They deserve a place of Honor with all that is good. GEORGE WASHINGTON
    If the freedom of speech is taken away then the dumb and the silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. GEORGE WASHINGTON

I just want the OEM 20" barrel I read would be available for the 17s. Hey S.Stryker! When you finish up with those PS90 barrels how about a combo deal on your SSR butt-stock and FN OEM equivalent 20" barrel! Stryker Sniper Support Rifle! As a matter of fact I would like to be number one on the (fictional as of this moment) combo deal! I bet I am behind on this and this is already in the works...
    STL thanked this.
    "To Hell with circumstances. I create opportunities."
    -Bruce Lee
    "for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    "The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
    -James Madison

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links