FNH USA Officially Announces SCAR Mk20 SSR Commercial Release

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree88Thanks

Thread: FNH USA Officially Announces SCAR Mk20 SSR Commercial Release

Cool FNH USA Officially Announces SCAR Mk20 SSR Commercial Release

Just watched a video showing Mark Hanish officially announcing the FN Mk20 SSR will be released commercially in 2015.

The video is on another web site and it is from Day 5 of SHOT Show 2015.

Not sure if forum rules still prohibit linking to other gun forums so I did not post link.

FN's video shows off four new FN-15 variants, and right at the end, Hanish is thrown the SSR.

It is coming in 2015, and I am already in line.

(Video is on site that rhymes with "barf" for those of you who want confirmation).

Gun is virtually identical to the SSR I held in my hands in Clint Lynch's office at FNM LLC when the SCAR 17S was about to drop. It is absolutely stunning.

Best news from SHOT Show 2015, without question...!

In for the WIN! Woo--pow!!

-- The Clyde, About to Ride Again...!
    DMONEY, Kev, Spilz and 11 others thanked this.
    Amat victoria curam

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most capable of adapting to change.

-- Charles Darwin, and what he actually wrote about species evolution

jhs27275 was cool enough to reopen this thread, so I could post a link to the video. Thanks, jhs, you always have been a cool dude. You still have that 3000 GT VR4?

So, here is the link to the video on ar15.com - click on "FN America" (the 1st video) - be patient - the SSR makes a surprise appearance at the end - so F'N cool...!:

SHOT Show 2015 Videos - Day 5 - AR15.COM

Thanks again, jhs!
    Amat victoria curam

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent. It is the one most capable of adapting to change.

So they will be coming out with both the CSR and SCAR 20 this year?? Both look like they would each take market share away from the other. And this is on top of the fact that the market for either of these rifles will be vanishingly small to begin with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Mgentry, LoLFornia, Macprowler and 8 others thanked this.
    Visit:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    | Supporter of:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    |
    | The

I'm just getting ready to buy my first Scar, (the 17) and wouldn't you know it,,, something has to come out that is bigger and better...
    skoot61 thanked this.

Nice!!!
    Clyde thanked this.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meatwaggon View Post
    So they will be coming out with both the CSR and SCAR 20 this year?? Both look like they would each take market share away from the other. And this is on top of the fact that the market for either of these rifles will be vanishingly small to begin with.
    Apparently there will be the SSR civilian equivalent (which Hanish calls the SCAR 20 - note the barrel length after the extended rail) and the CSR, which is a shorter barrel (16" per the Larry Vickers video) that is made in the USA at FN Manufacturing in South Carolina (100% USA made, which is Barry Amendment compliant), which is why it was submitted to the military for trials and comparative testing.

Not both competing against each other directly, but one could draw some market share from the other. SSR may have Belgian barrels; while CSR clearly stated to have USA barrels.

FN Manufacturing told me the SSR was going to be released commercially, back in 2008 if memory serves, as I reported on this Forum at the time (with FNH USA's permission, I should add).

FNH USA has now honored their word, after the platform proved itself in combat.

I have waited all these years to see that rifle land on the shelves for commercial sales. Dream came true.

And FN came through.

MSRP TBD. Not for everybody, but if you have the place to shoot it, and have the means to buy it, it's on it's way.

Glad I waited now...!
    KameronTKelly and Kev thanked this.
    Amat victoria curam

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    Nice!!!
    For realz!

Hope you have your snowshoes ready, SONYtec! Looks like you are in for a blow...!
    KameronTKelly thanked this.
    Amat victoria curam

Part of me is excited to see more scar variants coming and the other part is very sad bc I know I won't be able to afford it. I had to save a long time for a regular scar. When vickers asked him what the msrp was going to be and he said no idea!!! Ha they know and we know it's going to be pricey. oh well maybe I can take a home equity line out! Lol

I'm thinking the MSRP will be in the $4000.00 range and maybe after the rush they will end up falling around or just under $4000.00. I have a spare 17 I can sell to get me a little closer where ever it ends up...
    Eyezon thanked this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links