Hearing Protection

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hearing Protection

Hey , everyone been looking for good ear protection , can you help , suggestions , would like one that works for both inside and out, any suggestions or comments helpful thanks.

Banned
    I've been using Field & Stream Pro ear muffs purchased from Dick's and they work as expected. Affordable and they do work. They sell a few lines and brands at Dick's, and these rated the highest noise reducer.

I recently ordered the EP3 Sonic Defender from Surefire and will report back on how they work standalone as well as in tandem with the ear muffs above.

Eventually I'd like to invest in the binaural ear muffs but those are pricey.

ear muffs are definitely the way to go. I use a very cheap pair, but am considering going to electronic noise canceling one's.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have the basic 10$ set from Gander Mountain (they are black and red). they work good outside, havnt used them inside yet, buddy of mine has These and i am planning on buying these as well.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/peltor-t...rotectors.html

Thanks does anyone have a opinion on pro ears or howard leight , i know they are expensive , i am willing to spend $ 75to $ 100 for a good pair

I have the Howard Leight Impact Sport model.

Worked very well at an indoor range the other day, could easily hear my buddy behind me.

Less than $50 on amazon

Alot of people I have talked to, prefer these over the Peltor Tactical 6s electronic ear muffs. YMMV

went with howard leights like them alot work well indoors and out no complaints thanks for the help

I've got a set of Peltor Tactical Sport noise cancelling muffs. Got them at Cabela's on sale for around $100. With as much time as I spend at the range they have been well worth the money.

Will-
    Will
    USMC 92 to 96
    Semper Fi

I have a pair of Peltor Tactical 6S earmuffs. They are low profile, comfortable, block the sound well, but the electronics are crap. My right microphone crackles a lot when I first turn them on. Batteries are also hard to swap out. Other than that, I like the look and comfort a lot.

I don't have a specific brand that I feel is tremendously better than other brands.

I do use a method that has worked well for me that many other folks also use. I wear ear plugs and muffs. I am protected well indoors and when we start a new stage I just pull the muffs off and I can hear the person explaining the next round just fine with the plugs still in. I always put the muffs back on before the shooting begins, but if I were to forget I'd still have the plugs in for protection.

When I shoot outdoors with no walls or overhead coverage I just wear the plugs.
    Joshua 24:14-15

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links