Red Dot for FN .45 Tactical?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Dot for FN .45 Tactical?

Good morning everyone,

I am needing some insight on the red dot choice for my new fn .45 tactical. As you all know they are really proud of these sights, and I want to make a good decision before I start dropping big head hundreds. I am currently looking at the Burris Fastfire II, Trijicon RMR, and the Leupold Delta point. Any advice likes and dislikes will be much appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.

Soli Deo Gloria

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    ive did a lot of research on diffrent forums. the best is ( if u have the money) the Trijicon RMR 8 moa (laser version)

I would definitely choose the Trijicon out of the three you listed. I don't know enough about the Leupold but the Trijicon is better quality & tougher than the Burris. My FNP45 Tactical is wearing a Docter red dot which is on par with the Trijicon in my experience. I have this Docter and two Trijicons on other guns. Trijicon definitely hurts you on price but I learned a long time ago, "Buy once, cry once."

Battery or tritium

I expect to receive my FNP-45 Tactical in the next week or so and have been researching red dot sights. I've settled on the Trijicon RMR but am looking for comparison of the battery-powered versus the tritium source versions. Any input appreciated.

Battery powered one can have the smaller dot and it can be red if you want. The tritium/fiber optic one has an amber dot and the smallest dot is 7 MOA I believe.

I'm still not totally sure which I'd prefer. On one hand, a red dot would be nice, but also never having to change a battery would be nice as well.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I'd get the Trijicon RMR in a 4 moa.

And there is one now in the for sale thread from a great member here. And it's new/never used for almost 100 bucks less than You could get one.

FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by djv38
    Battery powered one can have the smaller dot and it can be red if you want. The tritium/fiber optic one has an amber dot and the smallest dot is 7 MOA I believe.

I'm still not totally sure which I'd prefer. On one hand, a red dot would be nice, but also never having to change a battery would be nice as well.
    I read a report from a tactical user that the battery power is better for tactical weapons because the tritium/fiber optic sight did not work very well when shooting from a darkened area into a brightly lit area. Like from inside a dark building into the bright sun lit outdoors. You may want to check for this prior to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by GULL
    Quote Originally Posted by djv38

I read a report from a tactical user that the battery power is better for tactical weapons because the tritium/fiber optic sight did not work very well when shooting from a darkened area into a brightly lit area. Like from inside a dark building into the bright sun lit outdoors. You may want to check for this prior to purchase.
    That really doesn't surprise me, considering the dot color and the fact it would mainly be lit by the tritium. Then again, you also have your irons with tritium dots, so it wouldn't be a major issue.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

RMR pricing

Just wanted to alert potential RMR buyers that I just purchased the 8 MOA LED version for $465 from botach.com. This is the best price that I could find.

Member Hits The Target silversport's Avatar
    did Botactical get you your sight...they can be spotty on their delivery but that is a smokin' price...
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links