Google Search
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree82Thanks

Thread: POST WHORE "VII" [The Next Chapter]

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurky View Post
    What medical facility are you going to?
    University Hospital. It's the main trauma center in the area, and my burst appendix landed me in the hands of the Trauma Department...along with every shooting, stabbing and beating in the county, jail included. Pretty much every follow up I've had has been awash in orange jump suits. People around here really seem to be into stabbing one another.
    Last edited by akitainu; 12-23-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    LESTER, FS2KSTD and Kakashi66218 thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”
    Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by akitainu View Post
    University Hospital. It's the main trauma center in the area, and my burst appendix landed me in the hands of the Trauma Department...along with every shooting, stabbing and beating in the county, jail included. Pretty much every follow up I've had has been awash in orange jump suits. People around here really seem to be into stabbing one another.
    Busy place if I'm thinking of the same place, my daughter spent 5 years next door going to school at UTHSCSA and her apartment was only about a block away on Medical Drive if that's where you're going. Sirens from ambulances and helos coming and going regularly there is a lot of action there.
    akitainu and LESTER thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    That would be the place. I got to watch the helicopters come and go from my hospital room. My plan is for my visit next month to be the last time I see that place for a long, long time (ever...if possible).
    Last edited by akitainu; 12-23-2016 at 07:26 AM. Reason: can't type
    dank, LESTER, FS2KSTD and 1 others thanked this.
    “If we win here we will win everywhere. The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I got to watch the helicopters come and go from my hospital room.
    Last September we did a job at one of the newest main hospitals in my area we had two sections of pipe to run one was thru the doctors and nurses parking and the other section went right along side of the heliport and straight up to the emergency entrance. We had to stay in communication with security so when the helicopters came in for drop off or pickup we usually had 15 to 20 minutes notice to pickup put steel plates over the trenches and move the hell out of the way! they were always fascinating to watch especially the smaller ones on a windy day it was one of the most interesting jobs we ever done.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
    akitainu, dank, Smurky and 2 others thanked this.

A short drive from the center of the universe
    akitainu, dank and BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

A short drive from the center of the universe
    Another said: "It's more stable than a Samsung phone."
    akitainu and FS2KSTD thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Save me a lane at the at the range, because I have been cleared for trigger time. Can I get a "Hell Yeah"? I think I'll spend all next week there.

Anyways...Saw the doc today. Apart from heavy lifting, I am cleared to resume my life. I do have one more spot check in two weeks, but that's only a formality. Sweet freedom is back in style.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

Learn from my mistakes, ladies and gentleman. Don't shrug off strange pains. Don't try to "walk off" something that may be serious.

Had I gone to the ER a day, or even hours earlier...this whole mess would have been a lot less serious. It would have been a quick surgery, home the same day with a couple weeks easy recovery. No, I d*cked around and tried to tough it out. I had ammo coming and I didn't want to miss the delivery...seriously. That just about got me dead...and as a "stupidity bonus" got me three months of medical house arrest for my efforts.

Be smart. Be well.

Scott
    dank, LESTER, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Save me a lane at the at the range, because I have been cleared for trigger time. Can I get a "Hell Yeah"? I think I'll spend all next week there.

Anyways...Saw the doc today. Apart from heavy lifting, I am cleared to resume my life. I do have one more spot check in two weeks, but that's only a formality. Sweet freedom is back in style.

Learn from my mistakes, ladies and gentleman. Don't shrug off strange pains. Don't try to "walk off" something that may be serious.

Had I gone to the ER a day, or even hours earlier...this whole mess would have been a lot less serious. It would have been a quick surgery, home the same day with a couple weeks easy recovery. No, I d*cked around and tried to tough it out. I had ammo coming and I didn't want to miss the delivery...seriously. That just about got me dead...and as a "stupidity bonus" got me three months of medical house arrest for my efforts.

Be smart. Be well.

Scott

Hell yeah! on the upcoming range! I'm really glad your getting better Scott!
    akitainu, LESTER, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

Ever notice when there are a bunch of geese flying how one side of the v is longer than the other side? You know why that is?

Be smart. Be well.

Scott
    Ditto! Glad to know you're out of the forest on this one.

Enjoy the range.
    akitainu thanked this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links