MSA Sordin Pro X or Peltor Tactical Pro - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: MSA Sordin Pro X or Peltor Tactical Pro

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Since my budget has been kind limited for a while, I've had the Howard Leights WITH some foam buds. The electronics are not the best as mentioned by Tim in the video, but it's a cheap and effective solution to protecting your hearing. Even a .308 SBR next to my face sound like a muffled staple-gun, and yet the with the volume helps me to hear conversation and what's going on around me with clarity. If you only use the HLs, the sound of one's voice does get a little annoying. Adding the foams really cuts down on the fatigue from the bang one gets and the negatives of the electronics. Just a suggestion if one is looking to protect hearing and save/ budget a little.
    akitainu and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, – go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms.” “Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Great thread and thanks for the insight. I've also been planning to upgrade from my Howard Leight earpro. I think I will also go with a pair of the Sordins.
    Kakashi66218 thanked this.
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    NRA Lifetime Member
    Flamethrowers: Because someone once thought "I really want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Current Grails:
    Spas 12, 1979 Colt Python

I have the Howard Leights and have doubled up with foam plugs (especially) in doors.

However, I got hooked on the Surefire EP 7's and have been using those solo for the last year plus.

Indoors/outdoors even with the 17s. The protection has seemed fine with the EP 7's but after a while the comfort factor isn't the greatest.

That's why I'm interested in this thread. I'm considering going to a quality Ear Muff with the gel inserts.

I still have no idea what Tim is currently using, I searched the inter-webs and I don't see anything that resembles them.
    Last edited by Milspec; 03-12-2017 at 02:45 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I think this is what he is using and they aren't cheap.

DEHP - TCI's Digital Electronic Hearing Protection - The Safariland Group
    Hairlesswookiee and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post

It looks like the push button set up is in the shape of a plus symbol??

Scratch that, I think it's a sticker.

Milspec is correct. He is using Safariland TCI DEHP. Go to 7:55 of that video, posted on March 9, 2017 and start watching.

NOTE: Those Safariland TCI DEHP IMO look like an exact copy of the SORDIN just rebranded by putting different stickers on it. Compare the two side and show me the difference because Im not seeing any. Not only that but it looks like they have the foam ears which would make it the basic model of the sordins. The TCI may have a different electronic set internal, but they are definitely built into MSA SORDIN shells.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-12-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Milspec thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

"If I don't shoot you now, you're never going to learn." ~ me

I need a way to prevent the seal from breaking on my glasses. I wear prescription eye glasses so I also need eye pro over that. So now I have the arms from TWO sets of glasses in there.. You can imagine this is not good for the seal.

My glasses have a fairly small flat arm that doesn't interfere much by itself but I need over-glasses eye pro that also doesn't interfere with ear pro seal. Anyone?

I see something like this on Amazon that attaches to the outside of ear pro with Velcro straps.
    https://www.amazon.com/FullPro-Sound.../dp/B00IGXWI1M

But I need over glasses type.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-12-2017 at 09:50 PM.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

Are these guys for real??? Someone on calguns mentioned a sale here so I looked and this cant be correct. Is it?

https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/16122/hu...uffs-black-gel

EDIT: $80 less than what amazon list. Pro X, Blk, Gel, and leather head wrap. Works out to be $200 US Dollars and free shipping if its legit.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-13-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Are these guys for real??? Someone on calguns mentioned a sale here so I looked and this cant be correct. Is it?

EDIT: $80 less than what amazon list. Pro X, Blk, Gel, and leather head wrap. Works out to be $200 US Dollars and free shipping if its legit.
    I talk to OUTLAWZ pretty regularly - legit.

And get prescription eyepro.

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post

A solid deal but 18db, that's the problem I see with a lot of the elctro muffs very low db reduction.

Those uber fancy DEHP's that Tim has on in the video ar only 21db nnr

Even the cheapo H.L. Impact Sports that I have give you 22db nrr. I'll tell you the 22db isn't all that great either.

It blows me away that you can get 28db nrr from a small package like the Surefire EP7's (yes I do realize they seal the ear canal) but the best we can get out of a low profile muff is 21/22
    Last edited by Milspec; 03-14-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links