MSA Sordin Pro X or Peltor Tactical Pro - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: MSA Sordin Pro X or Peltor Tactical Pro

Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Are these guys for real??? Someone on calguns mentioned a sale here so I looked and this cant be correct. Is it?

https://www.lamnia.com/en/p/16122/hu...uffs-black-gel

EDIT: $80 less than what amazon list. Pro X, Blk, Gel, and leather head wrap. Works out to be $200 US Dollars and free shipping if its legit.
    It totals up to $187.32 for me? I kind of like the neck support version better.

If you wear them both headset and plugs that's like 40db noise drop.
    I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you.
    Joshua 24:15

Milspec is correct. He is using Safariland TCI DEHP. Go to 7:55 of that video, posted on March 9, 2017 and start watching.

NOTE: Those Safariland TCI DEHP IMO look like an exact copy of the SORDIN just rebranded by putting different stickers on it. Compare the two side and show me the difference because Im not seeing any. Not only that but it looks like they have the foam ears which would make it the basic model of the sordins. The TCI may have a different electronic set internal, but they are definitely built into MSA SORDIN shells.
    I was just reading on a blog that Sordin makes them for TCI but they are have an enhanced version of the MSA active hearing protection unit blah, blah, blah.

Theses guys have the DEHP's for the lowest price I have seen $335 (still expensive) but I don't know how reputable they are or if they have live stock.

https://delta3outfitters.com/store/p...rotection.html
    Last edited by Milspec; 03-14-2017 at 03:50 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Be careful where you buy the sordins they are a knock off prone item..
    SORDIN HEADSET VER.IPSC - Powered by EmpireCMS

it doesn't take much to peel a sticker and sell them as MSA legit device. eBay has this problem big time.
    akitainu and Milspec thanked this.
    I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you.
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi66218 View Post
    If you wear them both headset and plugs that's like 40db noise drop.
    I'm with you but for the $ you think they would be able to provide you with an all in one solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi66218 View Post
    Be careful where you buy the sordins they are a knock off prone item..
    SORDIN HEADSET VER.IPSC - Powered by EmpireCMS

it doesn't take much to peel a sticker and sell them as MSA legit device. eBay has this problem big time.
    Those DEHP's have camo skins lol. For some reason I like them and I'm sure they would fit on the MSA's

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    A solid deal but 18db, that's the problem I see with a lot of the elctro muffs very low db reduction.
    Close but No!

NRR is entirely frequency dependent. 18dB is about the MINIMUM attenuation at any frequency even remotely related to firearms. Like a S&W 500 magnum might produce a peak impulse down near the 500 Hz range. An AR15 or AR10 is more like 1-1.5KHz range. And in that range the NRR is like 25dB. Unlike other companies, MSA lists the minimum dB.

Look at the spec sheet for SORDINS:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-14-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    Milspec thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

Close but No!

NRR is entirely frequency dependent. 18dB is about the MINIMUM attenuation at any frequency even remotely related to firearms. Like a S&W 500 magnum might produce a peak impulse down near the 500 Hz range. An AR15 or AR10 is more like 1-1.5KHz range. And in that range the NRR is like 25dB. Unlike other companies, MSA lists the minimum dB.

Look at the spec sheet for SORDINS:
    Interesting info, I'm not sure how one would know they are comparing "apples to apples" with any ear pro now.

I don't see where they lists a minimum 18db, looks like it shows 15db? Unless they are stating a low average?

Then again I don't believe I'm smart enough to discern all the info on that matrix.

Peltor hands down
    Sordin - not bad - but had issues w/military applications....for simple range use not bad...just get em used at a army/navy if you can

In ear protection

In ear (hearing protection) Have used Silynx when I listen to my iPod - had hear thru and could communicate due to hear thru
    Have used InVisio - problem was getting the plugs to seal up correct in the ear canal (system does a self test to insure good seal) forgot to add also hear thru and impulse protection ....
    they excelled here: SNR 32 dB / NRR 29 dB with 360 degree situational awareness
    Last edited by bayonet14; 03-15-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    akitainu and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post
    Interesting info, I'm not sure how one would know they are comparing "apples to apples" with any ear pro now.

I don't see where they lists a minimum 18db, looks like it shows 15db? Unless they are stating a low average?

Then again I don't believe I'm smart enough to discern all the info on that matrix.
    MSA lists the numbers provided by independent lab testing. Those were the results they got from outside source/s. Other companies use numbers from internal testing. Which has a tendency to lead to inflated numbers. *shrug*

That being said its probably some weighted average.
    Last edited by little_scrapper; 03-15-2017 at 06:30 PM.
    Milspec thanked this.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links