MSA Sordin Pro X or Peltor Tactical Pro - Page 5

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: MSA Sordin Pro X or Peltor Tactical Pro

Comtacs are a double duty item, one is ear protection--but formost they are made for communication.

MSA has a line, been a while since I looked at them so the ID escapes me, but it is similar to Comtacs. But if I were to "buy once cry once" it would be the Peltors. Besides the batteries I have nothing against the sordins and if the battery is non existent issue, you'll be happy with them.

Pretty sure the sordins I own are a bit different to yours Scrapper, maybe the issues have been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspec View Post

Based on your feedback it's pushing more towards the Comtac III's on Botach.

I can't say they will be any better but it might be worth a try.

I made them an offer and I can get the Foliage green version for $239 with the gels.

They are the same as the black but less expensive, I think I can deal with the green.

I really like the neckband option but unfortunately they are not available from Botach.
    Quote Originally Posted by little_scrapper View Post
    Whats the difference between those and every other Comtac III's I see that cost $550-600?
    These Comtacs are without mic, my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew11b View Post
    They may be the ones with no communication capability hence the price difference. I have a pair that are my primary range earpro and I remember paying $300~ a few years ago for them.

Last edited by Kakashi66218; 03-19-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by Drew11b View Post
    They may be the ones with no communication capability hence the price difference. I have a pair that are my primary range earpro and I remember paying $300~ a few years ago for them.
    Yes, exactly they don't have the com set up installed on them. I read in a review that one guy claims they can be upgraded to a single com. Whatever, this means...

Got it. Let us know what you go with and what you think of them. I will be buying another set (of something?) as soon as I can afford another.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

"If I don't shoot you now, you're never going to learn." ~ me

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I just looked on Botach's ebay store. They have a buy two items get 10% off.

The Comtacs are on there, when I add a $3.99 S-Biner I get 10% off everything so $228.55 delivered.

That's better than the "make an offer" deal on Botach.com

It may sound like I am doing a lot of bashing on them but Im sure they will be fine. Not saying they are "bad" or I wont like them. Just noting what I see and what I think could be better. I am pretty positive I will like them for the reason I bought them. That is so I can hear the guys talking to me at the indoor range. When I use passive and I double up with foam I am pretty much forced to lip read.
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

"If I don't shoot you now, you're never going to learn." ~ me

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links