• 3 Post By mjk1
  • 1 Post By mjk1
  • 3 Post By Kakashi66218
  • 2 Post By nuke0070
  • 3 Post By Kakashi66218
  • 2 Post By LESTER

Thread: Plz Help ID my rifle...

Plz Help ID my rifle...

Hey, All! New to the forum...finally found a place that should be able to give me a definitive answer for this rifle I am researching!
    I don't know the caliber, and I believe my Dad has the bolt (but we really don't talk anymore). I bought this from a friend, at least 25 years ago as a youth! Now, with today's technology, and user info...I'd like to find a replacement bolt for it, and use it as it is intended. I don't have any information as far as marking, etc. The only thing I can see on the rifle is the typical FAB. NAT. D'ARMES DE GUERRE and the HERSTAL-BELGIQUE. What is it, year (appx.), make/model, caliber? Does anyone have any information on where/part number, etc., I might be able to find a bolt for it!?! Thanks ahead of time!

Rright side.jpgBolt interface above 90'.jpgBolt interface and barrel.jpgHERSTAL-BELGIQUE.jpg Bolt interface r-side.jpg
    (Yes, this is a re-post from the 'Shotguns, Rifles' forum pages. With over 70 views, no one answered me in the last 24hours...)

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Welcome to the Forum from The Kave !
    There are some pretty knowledgeable enthusiasts here... give it time. I don't claim to know " jack shat " but it almost looks like a Mauser or FN 98 .... maybe someone will chime in. For the most part the general FNF members are always willing to help.

Give it over the weekend some members float in and out less frequently. any serial # on the receiver ? that may help. That baby's " old school " would be my guess.
    Hope that helps .
    mjk1

" old school " = before I was born
    check this out : FN Fabrique Nationale Mauser .243 Win. Bolt Action Rifle Made In Belgium In Box For Sale at GunAuction.com - 11501955

Check out the description ... it is excellent and may help , pointing you in a direction due to the marking locations.
    Last edited by mjk1; 03-17-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    LESTER, Kakashi66218 and bikerburke73 thanked this.
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

Trump " See You In court " ......

Thank you! I have the serial #, I will try to add it later. Great advice (over the weekend) as well! Appreciate it/any!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    try that link.... it is a very detailed description ( one of the best I have seen )...!
    bikerburke73 thanked this.
    ORIGINALLY POSTED By " akitainu " As soon as my wife lifts our household arms embargo I will have one "

Trump " See You In court " ......

Agree it does look like a Mauser sporter. The rifle will have a caliber(Kal) engraved on the receiver forward of the bolt. Won't be to hard to find the bolt that goes with it...

Not trying to bust your chops. People can't help you if you take pictures of the body and make everyone guess the engine. Guessing that it wasn't intentional. The wood looks really nice, need to get in a well lit room to take pictures, as a friendly suggestion.
    bikerburke73, LESTER and Canyon Man thanked this.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

It is a Mauser receiver but more info would be great. The bolt will be a non safety bolt because that one has a rocker style safety catch. seeing that it has the stripper clip notch in the receiver and the thumb notch on the side it is prob going to be a late 1940's receiver. I'd say take the rifle apart and see if there may be some marking that the wood is covering.
    bikerburke73 and LESTER thanked this.

Okay this is what I found in order to get you moving in the right direction.

Did a receiver search, and this seems to match yours but no telling if the Mauser you have is same caliber. If I remeber correctly your looking for a bolt to fit the action. In the picture I screengrabed from the the firearms forum below is where you will find the cal.
    The narrow picture has a brass screw pointing to the caliber, if you know this, I don't mean to insult your intelligence.

I am always learning too.
    Last edited by Kakashi66218; 03-17-2017 at 06:30 PM. Reason: i ken't spelt
    Canyon Man, LESTER and bikerburke73 thanked this.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

Thank you all! So far, they're all looking very similar! Attachment 82225 I also found this one...it's quite a close match as well! Please, keep the information coming! It's all appreciated, and as stated-most of us are learning from all this too!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    To the Forum! You have received some good advice on trying to ID your Rifle hope you get the mystery solved and are you able to locate a new bolt!

bikerburke73 and Smurky thanked this.

Sponsored Links