Moved to Illinois...this is what it is like...

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: Moved to Illinois...this is what it is like...

Moved to Illinois...this is what it is like...

Unfortunately, I had to move from FL to IL after a 20 year hiatus. It took 40 days to be legal to have gun, in FL it was one second. Easter weekend, the news discussed how 45 people were shot over the weekend. The prior week an elderly couple was killed by the caretaker, then a pregnant woman was killed, the following day four more were killed at a restaurant, two were brothers. The Chicago news is unwatchable as it is all about the stupid liberals and bashing Trump. Even Fox news Chicago bashes Trump and is unwatchable liberal news. Teaching jobs are tough to find here, unless you want to work in the war zone. Lots of union signs, corruption, and government waste. However, the grocery stores have an unbelievable amount of choices and is cheaper than FL. Food is better here, especially ethnic places. It is a great sports' town, but sports talk shows are liberal biased, so it is like espn. Just wanted to share, have a good week.

Sounds a lot like NY, except it can take up to 6 mos. to get your pistol permit. But the food is sure great, lol.
    macman1138 thanked this.

First of all let's not exaggerate things things kc2bya. If you don't have your fingerprints w/ your application to this { peoples republic of Illinois } it only up to 90 days. And having lived in this God for saken state I would still be in Fl. Lived there for 5 years and wife missed grand kids. I will agree w/ you this state is a complete pile of dog s%&t. And also VERY, VERY pro left wing. Told wife that if she should pass before me , just as the coffin is closing I would be in my car heading south, but not FL. probably Tn.
    mjk1, OvrK0, Cliff_Chambliss and 1 others thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Massachusetts sports are fantastic! GO SOX's and GO PAT's!!!! The rest of this commie state sucks! Not as bad as Commiefornia but getting dang close.
    Most pistols and rifles are banned here because they have no place in society and are weapons of war. 10 rd max limit and getting ammo here is almost impossible and what is available the price is jacked up. You need to show your firearms license to buy ammo.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

An Chicago gun laws are different then the rest of the states gun laws.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ralphcelia View Post
    First of all let's not exaggerate things things kc2bya. If you don't have your fingerprints w/ your application to this { peoples republic of Illinois } it only up to 90 days. And having lived in this God for saken state I would still be in Fl. Lived there for 5 years and wife missed grand kids. I will agree w/ you this state is a complete pile of dog s%&t. And also VERY, VERY pro left wing. Told wife that if she should pass before me , just as the coffin is closing I would be in my car heading south, but not FL. probably Tn.
    Don't know if you're retired or not but if you are you might consider a move just across river to the free state of Mo. should still put you less than a day's drive form your grandkids.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Support Gunner View Post
    An Chicago gun laws are different then the rest of the states gun laws.
    ^^^^This surprised me.

I live in Indiana (OP if you can move across the state line into IN I would highly recommend it), a co-worker and I had to go to some training in what we consider "Chicago". It was in the outlying town(s) of Lisle/Naperville. We got to the training site a few hours early and decided to find a local gun store just to kill some time. We go in and what do my eyes behold - an FNX-45 tactical. Complete with threaded barrel and three 15 rd mags. We asked the guy behind the counter about it because to our understanding these were two features that were outlawed. The clerk informed us that the harsh gun laws were mostly specific to the counties that Chicago and Aurora are located in. There were several other full capacity magazines in the store.
    That said, if there had been any good deals on ammo we wouldn't have been able to take advantage because in IL you have to have a FOID card to purchase ammo.
    Sorry, OP, to hear that you had to move to such a gun restrictive state. As previously stated I highly recommend looking into moving into IN if that is a feasible option.
    Last edited by redwards; 04-26-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redwards View Post
    ^^^^This surprised me.

I live in Indiana (OP if you can move across the state line into IN I would highly recommend it), a co-worker and I had to go to some training in what we consider "Chicago". It was in the outlying town(s) of Lisle/Naperville. We got to the training site a few hours early and decided to find a local gun store just to kill some time. We go in and what do my eyes behold - an FNX-45 tactical. Complete with threaded barrel and three 15 rd mags. We asked the guy behind the counter about it because to our understanding these were two features that were outlawed. The clerk informed us that the harsh gun laws were mostly specific to the counties that Chicago and Aurora are located in. There were several other full capacity magazines in the store.
    That said, if there had been any good deals on ammo we wouldn't have been able to take advantage because in IL you have to have a FOID card to purchase ammo.
    Sorry, OP, to hear that you had to move to such a gun restrictive state. As previously stated I highly recommend looking into moving into IN if that is a feasible option.
    Yea in the rest of the state you can pretty much get whatever you want. Except for silencers and exotic ammo, like tracers.

Which is good you cant get silencers because that is saving me a ton of money. Lol

The FOID card is some what a down fall but it only cost ten bucks and its good for 10 years. It just sucks that you have to send online retailers a copy of your FOID card before they ship ammo to you.

A lot of places wont ship ammo to chicago.

I lived in the 60089 for 8 months. Even in the nice part of town it was I got the hell out of IL. Total nanny state!
    "I saw some girl texting and driving the other day and it really pissed me off, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her!" LOLz

"If I don't shoot you now, you're never going to learn." ~ me

Born and lived in east central Illinois for 21 years and escaped to Wisconsin. Illinois is Cook County and Downstate, there is nothing else. Moved to Wisconsin in 1965 and never looked back. Wisconsin is heaven on earth and we can only tolerate people vacationing here from Ill!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links