Heart attack - Page 17

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Thanks Tree1349Thanks

Thread: Heart attack

My dearest and most sincere condolences for you and your family at this time. I consider it an honor to pray for you and your family over these few days and was only hppy to do so. I hope that in these next days and weeks you may find peace and a way to live your life in a way that will continue to honor your father and his life.

Echoing the condolences already sent. Will keep praying for your healing and forward movement in life and business. Sounds like the two of you had a special relationship that will be missed. Feel free to vent when needed here.
    Smurky, FS2KSTD, nvillekat and 6 others thanked this.

The world is a lesser place now, but as we all can see, Jerry raised a good man.
    OvrK0, Kakashi66218, FS2KSTD and 6 others thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Andrew, I have been away from the forum for a few days and can tell you I am heartbroken and shocked to hear of the tragic events unfolding upon my return. You and your family have my sincerest condolences and sympathy. I know how it feels but discovered this, time heals, everything happens for a reason and only the Good Lord above knows the reason. Hold onto the good memories and cherish them your father will always be there with you and he would want you to carry on. Take one day at time, it does get easier with each passing day. God bless your father, you and your family and may your father rest in peace.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Can't really say it much better than LVlawdawg stated, Jerry raised a good man. Without knowing you, you appear to have been a fine son to Jerry and that's a strong testament to both you and your Dad. Time heals all wounds. Grieve for your loss, take good care of your baby soul (Neil Peart's words), and eventually, you'll think back on time spent with your Dad and smile. We all get a finite time on this planet, I'm 100% sure your Dad would want you to pick yourself up, carry on, and enjoy all the time you have left. Make the most of it in honor of your father. Remember him fondly, make him proud with your actions and words, and live your life to its fullest, it's the best tribute you can give him. Take care, brother. I know you're gutted by the turn of events but stay the course and be the best that you can be.

Mark
    hillbillyjim, OvrK0, M1P90 and 6 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I'm catching up on the forum, and it was heartbreaking to read of your father's passing, Andrew.

My deepest condolences on your loss. Take care, my friend. If you need an ear, it's yours.

Scott
    “No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Hey everyone, just checking in with you guys! still cant say thanks enough for all your kind words! its been one of the roughest weeks of my life not having my pops around! I worked so hard last week at the shop everyday just to get to see him in the hospital! This week has had a very different feeling to it and its been hard to get anything done at the shop, I feel like I'm working for nothing now! I have to stop remind myself that I'm still doing it for him even though he is gone! its been a quite week for sure at my shop... been doing a lot of cleaning, my fathers life was that repair shop! been going through pictures of the old man and it bring tears like you would not believe to my eyes! I'm having a real hard time excepting he is gone!! I know time will heal and just take it an hour at a time but those hours feel like days to go by sometimes... Me and him had a bond like no other! he wasn't only my Father but my best friend, coworker, roommate and team mate! I came down with a cold on Tuesday night probably cause my immune system is down from stress and not taking the best care of myself the last few days... I have to remind myself everyday to take care of myself too but its hard... I got a great home cooked meal tonight but I'm not going to lie, I have been super depressed all week.. like i said I'm having a real hard time with excepting he is gone..

My sister and I got in a huge fight today over Money and his stuff something that i wont allow to happen again! it just adding more stress that is not needed! i don't want to lose her over money and his stuff, its not worth it to me! Pops left me in a rough position only leaving me with $410.00 and thousands of dollars in funeral expensive.. I told her I would sell off some of my firearms to pay for it all! I just don't want to fight with her! The snap on tool guy said he would loan me the money if it came to that! a real classy guy! he calls me everyday just to check in! me and him have a good friendship, he is a firearm enthusiast so we get along real good! I have never met a tool guy that didn't want to screw you to a wall with debt! I thank you Brock!....

My sister and I ended the fight on good terms today even though it got pretty nasty at one point, I understand we are both grieving in are own ways and its easy to take it out on your siblings! I told her we are a team and need each other to get through this!

I'm not sure what to do with anything yet, I need some more time to figure everything out! tomorrow will mark a week he has been gone and i still don't want to believe he is never coming back! I need to get through the service and go from there! we are expecting almost 500 people at the service some of my fathers customers for 30 years will be there! we have a client base that is deep!! most are in such shock that he is gone!

I got a job offer on Wednesday at one the busiest shops in town! Scott called me and asked if i wanted to come join the team over there and i told him i need some more time.. He said take as much as i need! I have been in contact with a few other shops and they are all for me coming to work for them too! i just need more time to figure it all out! I have only worked two jobs in my life...I was a cook for three years and then went to work at the shop with pops! its going to be hard to work for someone else! but would be nice to get a pay check every two weeks! and not have the overhead i do!

I want to keep my shop going but part of me feels the shop died when my pops died... I have worked so hard to get where I'm at and I feel like i lost it all in a blink of an eye!... I sure hope, as the days go on it will get easier! "positive attitude" I tell myself everyday! I have a good friend named Andrew, i met him when i work as a cook, he has been down there at the shop with me 3 days this week and his help has been amazing!! we have been cleaning out room by room, it blows my mind how much crap is in that shop! cant thank you enough friend!

And once again! thank you everyone! you guys are all great in my book!! I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum all week.. Just overwhelmed!
    Last edited by dank; 05-20-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Andrew. Try not to make any decisions while grieving. Money comes and goes- it is a Tool. Think a out
    how your dad would have handled the challenge. It May be worth saying not to close your fathers shop- you have a chance to carry on what you and your father built together. Most people would sell an extremity to own their own successful business. Be wise. What you do today is where you will be tomorrow.
    OvrK0, hillbillyjim, LESTER and 8 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Andrew. Just take one day at a time. Things may feel over whelming right now but just give it time. I know nothing will fill that void you feel when you lose a loved one but in time you learn to live with it.
    From a business stand point, it is nice working for yourself but stressful having the debt and responsibilities hanging over head. At the same time you and the business have a value. Even if you don't feel like you are accomplishing much now that does not mean it will always be that way. The shop's name and customer base hold a value in its self, joining another shop would only take that value to that shop. I'm not saying that is the wrong or right decision, just keep in mind the value you bring other than your knowledge and skills.
    We all know you will pull through this a stronger man. Just don't rush through it. Give yourself as much time as possible before making life changing decisions. Also know we are here for you if need advice or someone just to talk to.
    akitainu, LESTER, dank and 3 others thanked this.

Andrew, I would echo the above sentiments. Don't make any decisions at the moment. You may look at that paycheck now and see a little extra, but your Dad's shop may bring you a lot more down the road. Not to mention, the pride of carrying on his legacy. And as mentioned above, a good customer base is the hard part of a shop like that. That takes time and years to work through.
    But you are also in a rough spot, and all you can see is what's in front of you. Get through that, get those first waves of grief past, and then start making decisions, if at all possible.
    dank thanked this.
    Esse quam videri

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Sponsored Links